Please help with grace period on credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help with grace period on credit card

Okay, so my Chase card is PAID OFF!!! 1st card down, 4 to go!

My kids' daycare expenses and my gas get charged to the Chase card monthly. I am trying to make sure I understand how the grace period works in order to avoid paying interest. My statement date is the 21st of the month, with a due date of the 18th. My daycare charges hit on the 30th of every month.

So say my daycare hits the card on 7/30, and the statement doesn't close until 8/21. Do I not accrue interest on this as long as it is paid by 9/18? Trying to figure out if I need to pay it off with the 2 paychecks immediately after it hits my card, or if I have a little more time.

Thanks!

Yes, you have it right!
    My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

It's important to pay attention to Due Date like 9/18 on your example But, if you pay on-line, I suggest you date your payment two business days in advance of due date like 9/16. If you are charging only day care on that particular card, you might seek a different card that offers some benefit for re-occurring charge. Some cards give up to 5% discount/benefit for re-occurring charges. Pick a card that gives you the best benefit for your circumstances.

If the 'billing' date or 'due' date is inconvenient, yo can ask to change the date. Most are flexible but the worst that will happen is they'll say 'no, not possible.'

Comment

Working...
      X