Recently I fell on a property other than my own. I had went to the property to look at some items posted on Craig's List. I fell on their sidewalk and sustained injuries.
I ended up in the emergency room. No fractures! I had changed my insurance to a High Deductable plan with an out of pocket expense of $1500.00.
I asked the people at the resident if they were insured and they had their agent call me. I was told they had $1000.00 medical expense on their homeowners. Also, I was advised by their insurance to not hire an attorney because the MI supreme court no longer hears cases regarding slip and falls in MI related to the weather.
My question is, I met the $1500 deductable in the Emergency room,their insurance will reimburse $1000. The people are unwilling to pay any additional towards my medical costs.
Would this be something I should take to small claims court. The medical payment does not determine liability like a slip/fall property liability case. Or do I suck it up? Your thoughts appreciated.
I ended up in the emergency room. No fractures! I had changed my insurance to a High Deductable plan with an out of pocket expense of $1500.00.
I asked the people at the resident if they were insured and they had their agent call me. I was told they had $1000.00 medical expense on their homeowners. Also, I was advised by their insurance to not hire an attorney because the MI supreme court no longer hears cases regarding slip and falls in MI related to the weather.
My question is, I met the $1500 deductable in the Emergency room,their insurance will reimburse $1000. The people are unwilling to pay any additional towards my medical costs.
Would this be something I should take to small claims court. The medical payment does not determine liability like a slip/fall property liability case. Or do I suck it up? Your thoughts appreciated.

Comment