Announcement

Collapse

User Blogs Under Repair

SA Community,

The Savingadvice.com tech team is aware of an ongoing issue impacting the SA user blogs.

We anticipate a fix for this issue by close of business on Monday the 19th, if not sooner.

Apologies for this - we know the community works very hard to make SA be a great resource for everyone.

Questions regarding the status of the fix can be direct to Jon or James, emails are: jon@districtmediafinance.com or james@districtmediafinance.com
See more
See less

Many Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many Thanks

Dear Saving Advice Regulars,

When I began posting here about two years ago:

My greatest credit card balance was about $9,000

Now it's $2,075

My greatest credit card interest rate was 24.99% (I think)

Now it's 8.9%

My minimum monthly due on CCs was around $900.

Now it's $230.

More than 1/2 of my monthly credit card payments were going to interest.

Now it's less than 5%.

My total credit card balance was just under 25K

Now it's just under $3,500. (still too much!)

When I started posting here, I though I'd be paying off credit cars for the next 20 years.

All my credit cards should be retired early next spring.

So, thank you to all the regulars who have made comments and suggestions on my mess. It's nearly cleaned up.

To those of you who are lurking, and are up to your eyeballs in debt, post here. Post your debts, post your spending, post your income. Follow their advice. Change your life.

Congrats on all that you have achieved financially thus far. You have paid off over $20K in cc debt in 2 years. That is excellent. Keep up the good work!
    Brian

Comment

Great job! Glad we could help.
      Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
      * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
      * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

You are doing so well!! You should be very proud of your accomplishments.
        My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

Great work! That's a huge change. I'll bet you even sleep better at night, too.

Comment

Good on you. Knowledge is a powerful tool so you can pay it forward to help someone else.

Comment

Great post, and congratulations! There is definitely a sense of accomplishment you get for taking responsibility and coming up with a plan to put yourself in a much better long-term financial position.

Comment

Congratulations, keep it up.

Comment

Great job Bob!!!

Comment

Congrats Bob! Keep going and that $3500 will be gone in no time.
                    The easiest thing of all is to deceive one's self; for what a man wishes, he generally believes to be true.
                    - Demosthenes

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Thanks for the update story and congrats on doing so well! Hopefully others can learn from you and realize that they don't have to have CC debt in this world!

Comment

This is awesome! So happy to hear what huge steps you've made in the past 2 years and you are on your way to 0 credit card debt. Keep up the good work! I personally have only been posting for a few months but I hope that I can be an encouragement and council to help others in the same situations as you. A little bit of advice can go a long way!

Comment

Working...
                          X