5 down, 4 to go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 down, 4 to go!

Dunt, dunt, dunt...another one bites the dust!

Goodyear account paid off this month! After we pay off an account, we have a little ceremony at our back yard fire pit. When we began our debt payoff strategy, we made 12" X 12" mini-posters with the name of the account and the beginning balance written on them. When each account gets paid off, we throw it in the fire and watch it burn!

We started out with nearly $21K in credit card debt, we are now down to about $8700. About 17 months to go!

Congrats! Keep up the good work.

Comment

Awesome...I love the fire ritual idea.
      Rock climber, ultrarunner, and credit expert at Creditnet.com

Comment

Great job. Keep it up.
        Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Excellent

Comment

That's awesome! Good for you!

Comment

I love the idea of a fire. Back when I was getting out of debt I used a check list. Please don't ever go back into debt. Rip up those credit cards.

Comment

Yes indeed

Congrats indeed. I'm just beginning my debt payoff struggle so good to hear your news as a personal morale boost.

Comment

Slandgie/Greg: Great progress, creating posters for each creditor is a powerful visual motivator. Your burn ceremony is an important reward.

nitemarecooper: Wonder if you are willing to take on the responsibility for meal planning. I realize you are not available to cook but the money savings is in the planning not the execution. you eat foods you like, it's way healthier, and nearly eliminate waste via expiry when you have a plan and it is followed within the week.

Comment

that's a great idea!! good job!! I think I will have to try the poster thing too.

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

The fire ceremony reminded me of many years ago when I was younger, I went to church with my family and they had a mortgage burning ceremony at the church when they made the last payment. Didn't understand all that then, but after hearing your idea....man makes total sense....The visualization of the finality of that payment, made you real proud I'll bet.

Keep up the great work!!!

Comment

Nice job.. I like the celebration idea! It can be hard to just be disciplined but if you find little ways to make it an event, it makes it that much better!

Comment

Working...
                            X