Half way there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half way there!

Hey folks. I am new to this forum, but I have been looking for a place to share my experiences, comments, concerns, etc. Looks like I found the right place!

Anyways, I finally took the bull by the horns Jan 2008 and hooked up with CCCS (originally it was American Debt Solutions, they got bought out by CCCS a few months ago). I have heard some of the pros and cons about using services like this, but I have to say that I am pleased with how it is working out. They get a $38 "donation" out of me every month (they are considered non-profit), but I don't mind because they have bills to pay, too, i.e. rent, wages, utilities, etc.

I put together an elaborate Excel spreadsheet which I am constantly updating on a monthly, and sometimes weekly, basis. My wife thinks I am obsessed with this whole debt payoff thing, but I didn't see her taking the initiative, you know?

Anyways, to boil it all down, this month's debt payment will be Payment #22 out of 43 scheduled payments, so we are now officially more than half way there!

I started a blog on blogspot, but according to this site's rules, I can't post the URL here until I have 15 posts......that ain't gonna take long!

Greg

Wow, congrats. I'd like to see that spreadsheet. Would you mind sending the link via private message?

Comment

I tried, but you are not accepting email, that's the message this forum gave me!

Comment

I finally took the bull by the horns
        That is the key! And if you needed help to get there, there is nothing wrong with that! I am familiar with CCCS, they are really great.

A word of caution, making sure all your debt is paid on time each month is still YOUR responsibility, ensure you don't get burn if they make a mistake.

Although, at Payment #22 out of 43 and no problems, that is a great record.

The other 21 will go faster than you know and you'll be dancing the I am debt free dance!!!

Comment

Of the 22 payments, all have been paid on time. I had to adjust the due dates by a few days on a couple of accounts, but they didn't penalize me. Ain't it amazing how many of the debt settlement commercials you see and hear on the TV and radio? You didn't see or hear about them barely 3 years ago. They know that people are in over their heads and are only too happy to prey on them, er help them out...

Comment

Yeah, Slandgie, my (unresearched) theory is that the same throngs of people who three years ago were pop-up mortgage brokers are now pop-up debt revisionists.
            "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

Comment

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is! I hate it when I hear commercials like this: Settle your debt for pennies on the dollar!

Comment

Working...
              X