Bath Soak for Cold-Sufferers Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bath Soak for Cold-Sufferers Recipe

I have a cold with a sinus headache. Coupled with glaucoma I feel like someone has banged my orbital bone socket with a shoe heel. When my cold is especially bad my ear picks up all vocals as Don Adams ("Get Smart") clones besides.
    I found this recipe online and tried it. I am satisfied enough with results to post it here:

Epsom Salts: 1-2 cups when sick, (for reg use, use 1 cup)
    Baking Soda: 1-2 cups when sick (for reg use, use 1 cup)

2. If you are fortunate enough to have any essential oils or have friends that can go to a health food shop/market get Tea Tree Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Lavender Oil and maybe Orange Oil.

Reserve ~ 2/3 cup of Epsom salts in a saucer and dribble over the salts the following oils:

Add:
    Tea Tree Oil: (this is a must) (anti: bacterial, fungal & viral) - 6 drops
    Eucalyptus Oil: (chest congestion and fighting flu) - 4 drops
    Lavender Oil: (the mother of all herbs) - 6 drops (relaxes and purifies)

Don't use soap or anything else, because you will find that the essential oils absorb better into your skin without anything else blocking it. But, if you bring a scoop of coconut oil (about 1/2 the size of an egg,) with you to the bath side (maybe on a paper towel) and then use it during the last 5-10 minutes of the bath, your skin will love, love, love you. Just put the coconut oil in the bath water, help it dissolve and then rub the water all over your body.

This will have you feeling not so miserable once you've spent twenty minutes in the tub inhaling the vapors.
Working...
X