Announcement

Collapse

Markets Hours For Thanksgiving 2020

All major US stock exchanges will be closed on Thursday, November 26th in observance of Thanksgiving. On Friday, November 27th, all major US stock markets will close early at 1 PM EST.
See more
See less

How to make potato soup?? HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make potato soup?? HELP!

Hey all, I had a potato recipe that I needed some potatoes for, so I bought a bag. I used only half though, and was thinking some potato soup would be good. Only problem is... I don't know how to make it!! Any ideas would help!

Re: How to make potato soup?? HELP!

I just
    wash and cut them,
    put in chicken broth or water, (with or without onion and pepper)
    bring to a boil and leave till a fork goes in easy
    Mash with a hand blender (I used to pour in a blender, I know others use a potato masher)
    add milk to the right consistancy
    top with vegetable (nuked) and cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by locolorenzo24
      Hey all, I had a potato recipe that I needed some potatoes for, so I bought a bag. I used only half though, and was thinking some potato soup would be good. Only problem is... I don't know how to make it!! Any ideas would help!
      I have recipes for crock-pot potato soup, three different leek/potato soups, and a basic potato soup recipe that calls for instant potatoes, so you'd need to improvise. If you want to try any, I will post.

Mashed potatoe casserole ( a Russian souffle of mashed potatoes and onions) is our favorite leftover potato dish.

Comment

Check out recipezaar.com - just search for "potato soup" and you will probably get several dozen recipes. I have made it a lot of different ways - some favorites include bacon, ham, cheese, and/or creamed corn.

Comment

Thanks for the tips all! I plan on making it this Wed, so will let you know how it works out....I don't know why, but I thought every one called for cornstarch..Which I cannot stand!

Comment

Working...
          X