How to make potato soup?? HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make potato soup?? HELP!

Hey all, I had a potato recipe that I needed some potatoes for, so I bought a bag. I used only half though, and was thinking some potato soup would be good. Only problem is... I don't know how to make it!! Any ideas would help!

Re: How to make potato soup?? HELP!

I just
    wash and cut them,
    put in chicken broth or water, (with or without onion and pepper)
    bring to a boil and leave till a fork goes in easy
    Mash with a hand blender (I used to pour in a blender, I know others use a potato masher)
    add milk to the right consistancy
    top with vegetable (nuked) and cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by locolorenzo24
      Hey all, I had a potato recipe that I needed some potatoes for, so I bought a bag. I used only half though, and was thinking some potato soup would be good. Only problem is... I don't know how to make it!! Any ideas would help!
      I have recipes for crock-pot potato soup, three different leek/potato soups, and a basic potato soup recipe that calls for instant potatoes, so you'd need to improvise. If you want to try any, I will post.

Mashed potatoe casserole ( a Russian souffle of mashed potatoes and onions) is our favorite leftover potato dish.

Comment

Check out recipezaar.com - just search for "potato soup" and you will probably get several dozen recipes. I have made it a lot of different ways - some favorites include bacon, ham, cheese, and/or creamed corn.

Comment

Thanks for the tips all! I plan on making it this Wed, so will let you know how it works out....I don't know why, but I thought every one called for cornstarch..Which I cannot stand!

Comment

Working...
          X