Cinnamon Rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinnamon Rolls

Does anyone here have a yummy, and easy, cinnamon roll recipe? Is the secret really just lots of butter?

I found this Cinnabon clone recipe, but it looks awfully laborious.
    http://www.gordonfamily.com/Recipes/cinnabon.htm

Here's another one - I bet you could do the dough in a bread machine on the dough setting.
    http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/C/71.htm

Re: Cinnamon Rolls

I'd have to say it's the butter. Why is it that anything that is really not the healthiest things to eat is always the tastiest!

Comment

A little late, but I just joined...
      I found a great recipe for the bread machine on Recipezaar.com. I have the recipe printed out, but it's quite long. The title is "Frosted CInnamon Rolls" (I don't have a recipe #) and it's made with instant vanilla pudding, if you still need a recipe and want to look it up.

Comment

Jen, here's a recipe I came up with after tinkering with several of them. The butter flavored extract imparts a nice, buttery flavor to the yeast bread. And by making the dough the night before, you can bake them fresh the next morning.

----------------
        CINNAMON ROLLS

3/8 c. milk
        1/4 c. sugar
        1/2 tsp. salt
        1/4 c. butter
        1 pkg. dry yeast
        1/4 c. warm water (105-115 degrees)
        Bread flour as needed
        1 egg, beaten
        1/4 c. butter, melted
        1/4 c. dark brown sugar plus
        1/4 c. sugar
        1 1/2 T. ground cinnamon plus
        1 tsp. cinnamon
        1/2 tsp. butter extract
        1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine milk, sugar, salt, and 1/4 c. butter in saucepan;
        heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally. Cool to
        105 to 115 degrees. Add extracts.

Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl; let
        stand 5 minutes or until yeast "proofs". Stir in milk
        mixture, flour, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and egg; beat at medium
        speed until smooth and dough clings to beater, with none
        remaining in workbowl.

Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead
        until smooth and elastic adding flour if necessary (about
        10 minutes). Place in a well-greased bowl, turning to
        grease top of dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place
        (@85 degrees) free from drafts, for 1 hr. or 1 hr. 10
        minutes (dough will not quite double in bulk). Roll out
        to a 10 x 16-inch rectangle, leaving a 1/2" margin. Brush
        with 1/4 c. melted butter; spread on mixture of sugars and
        1 1/2 T. cinnamon. Roll up, jellyroll fashion, starting
        at short side. Pinch seams to seal. Cut roll into 1-inch
        slices; place slices, cut side down, into greased 9-inch
        square baking pan sprinkled with sugar on bottom. Cover
        dough with plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight at this
        point.

Next morning: Let rise in warm place (@85) degrees for
        approximately 1 hour. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or
        until lightly browned. Can top with confectioners' sugar
        glaze.
        ---------------------

Comment

is there a recipe that does not require yeast? I rarely have yeast in my cupboards.

Comment

lol, this is an easy one and this is how I make it, I biy the canned stuff fromm pillsbury boy stick em int he oven and out they come nice and easy!!! I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but I don't have the patience for that kind of stuff I would love to be a better cook but sometimes it just seems to hard!! I told my husband I woould like to take a culinary course so I can cook better!!

More luck to ya momma I hope you find the right recipe for you!

Comment

LOL i found an easier way without yeast after I posted just forgot to post it. Jiffy & Buisquik mixes have recipes on their boxes And I finally caved and bought some yeast for the cupboard.

Comment

We make cinnamon roll dough from scratch and then instead of rolling up cinnamon and sugar we spread it with pizza sauce, garlic, and shredded cheddar cheese. Roll it up and slice like you would cinnamon buns and bake as usual. These are excellent for dinner and travel really well for school lunches. They are a bit time consuming, but we bake a big pan and freeze them individually, and they last quite a while!

Comment

A cinnamon roll can cure many ills. I love the bisquick method using lots of fresh butter, serving it hot along with a fresh glass of cold milk.

Comment

This is the recipe I use for Cinnamon Rolls

SO good!

Comment

Originally posted by Petal
                      This is the recipe I use for Cinnamon Rolls

SO good!

vanilla icecream???!!!??? did i read the ingredients right??

Comment

LOL, yup! The vanilla ice cream makes a WONDERFUL sauce to top the cinnamon rolls

Comment

Originally posted by DivaJen
                          Does anyone here have a yummy, and easy, cinnamon roll recipe? Is the secret really just lots of butter?

I found this Cinnabon clone recipe, but it looks awfully laborious.
                          http://www.gordonfamily.com/Recipes/cinnabon.htm

Here's another one - I bet you could do the dough in a bread machine on the dough setting.
                          http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/C/71.htm
                          I've got my mom's professional recipe. It's been published a few times in her cookbooks and I think Woman's Day and Family Circle, but that was many years ago. I think it's easier than most breads. If you are still interested, I'd be happy to send it.

Comment

Originally posted by MJC
                            I've got my mom's professional recipe. It's been published a few times in her cookbooks and I think Woman's Day and Family Circle, but that was many years ago. I think it's easier than most breads. If you are still interested, I'd be happy to send it.
                            Yes! Thanks!

Comment

Okay, you can half this recipe if you want, also use it for doughnuts, maple bars, etc. Nice basic sweet dough. GREAT tea-rings. If you haven't made bread before, ask and I'll send advice...

BASIC SWEET DOUGH FOR CINNAMON ROLLS

3 c. milk (luke warm) --yes, you can use evap or low fat or cream
                              1 Tbsp. salt
                              4 eggs
                              11 - 12 1/2 c flour
                              1 c sugar
                              4 pkgs (or tablespoons if bulk) yeast
                              2 cubes butter (margarine if ya want, but stick only)

Mix lukewarm milk, sugar, salt and yeast. Stir in eggs and margarine. Mix in flour with spoon, then by hand.l Use amount of flour necessary to make dough easy to handle; knead well. Please in a well greased bowl and let rise until doubled. Punch down; let rise again (about a hour each rise). Shape as desired.

FOR CINNAMON ROLLS AND CINNAMON TWISTS:

Divide sweet dough into two halfs (unless you've cut the recipe in half of course)

Roll dough into 18" x 12" rectangle (thinner or thicker, depending upon how you like your cinnamon rolls). Brush with 1/4 melted butter.

Mix
                              1/2 c brown or regular sugar
                              1/2 c pecans, choped
                              1/2 raisins
                              1 tsp grd. cinnnamon

(or improvise with whatever you like. We like almonds and dried cranberries for a change)

Sprinkle mixture over buttered dough.

Starting at 18" side, roll dough jelly-roll fashion. Pinch seam to seal. With roll seamside down, cut dough crosswise into 15 slices; place in well greased/butter 13 x 9" pan (or if you like the crustier kind, put them separated on a cookie sheet), cut side down. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes. They should look a bit puffy, depending upon how thick you rolled out the dough (thicker is puffier).

Preheat oven to 400F. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slight in pan on wire rack. Spread with glaze.

Glaze can be powdered sugar/water/lemonjuice/vamilla glaze. We prefer the richer cream cheese frosting:

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING (Great for carrot cake, too!)
                              1/2 c butter
                              1 tsp. vanilla
                              8 oz. cream cheese
                              1 lb. powdered sugar

Cream butter and cheese. Add vanilla. Beat in powdred sugar in gradually. Beat well. Spread on rolls or cake. Eat and enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X