Announcement

Collapse

Happy Thanksgiving - Stock Markets Are Closed

Happy Thanksgiving!

The stock markets in the United States will be closed on December 25th, 2021, in observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday.
See more
See less

Commitment to Saving in 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commitment to Saving in 2014

I have started saving as of today. I have trouble saving and I am trying to change that this year. I am doing the mini money challenge and the bi monthly challenge into one account combined. That way I will have $2067.00 in my account in one year. ($1378.00 + 689) I am also saving loose change in a jar to put in a third account at a credit union. Today I started by putting $5.00 in one account for weeks 1-4 of the mini money challenge and the bi monthly challenge I did week one $6.00 so I made a deposit of $11.00 into my account and I am committed to keeping that money in the account NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

Great plan for getting your savings started. It does become addictive!!
    My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

Yes it does. My father just gave me some paperwork and told me " I am not sending this in just for $7.00. It was for a unclaimed refund that I found for him on one of the unclaimed money websites and I told him, "Give it to me, I can use $7.00" and when it comes in I am going to put it into my savings account. So yes, this saving is getting addictive and that is a good thing. Also, I am going to one of the websites where I go to make money, it isn't a lot but any little bit will help toward saving. And when I go out, I will be on the look out for pennies that people drop!!!!!

Comment

Great job on starting your savings, and I like your ideas. Welcome to the challenge!

Comment

Thank you DeeDee, today I will be looking for ways to save money and will put it in my savings account.

Comment

I complete weeks 2 and 3 of the monthly money challenge and weeks 4-8 of the mini money challenge. I made a deposit of $50.00 for a total of $61.00 so far. It feels good to have some savings finally!!!!

Comment

Wow, that's great!

Comment

I am looking forward to following you on your journey. I think that it is great that you are combining two challenges. I wish you much success.

Comment

I added week 4 of the bi-monthly challenge, I added week 4 which was $27.00 for a total of $90.00 so far in savings!!!!

Comment

Look at you go! Almost to $100. Keep up the great work.
                    My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

Way to go!

Comment

Working...
                      X