This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial Questions You Never Thought To Ask

Working as the owner of a personal finance money saving site, I get quite a few emails asking me questions and for advice. While the vast majority of the questions are of high quality seeking important information, a small minority make me sit back and wonder, if not laugh out loud.

Many of these questions come out strange due to mistakes in grammar while others are so because the person asking doesn't understand how certain financial concepts work. Still other questions are poorly written so that the question can be taken in a different way than it was meant. Then some I just have to shake my head and wonder what the person asking the question was thinking.

Over the years I have saved my favorite of these questions and I thought I would share them with you. These are all actual questions I have received although I have cleaned up the grammar to make some of them more readable. They are in no particular order. Enjoy:

"Do I have to kill my piggy bank to get the money out?"

"When I buy something with my credit card, why do I have to pay back the money?"

"Why do the people in front of me in line at the grocery store who use coupons get to pay less money than me?"

"The government recently redesigned the $20 bill. Why does it look different?"

"How much does the free gmail account you are giving away cost?"

"I had to pay $200 in taxes last year...Why did all my friends get refunds, but I didn't?"

<script type="text/javascript">google_ad_client = "pub-8949118578199171";google_ad_width = 728;google_ad_height = 90;google_ad_format = "728x90_as";google_ad_channel ="";google_color_border = "EAEAEA";google_color_bg = "EAEAEA";google_color_link = "4271B5";google_color_url = "99CC66";google_color_text = "000000";</script>
    <center><script type="text/javascript"src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"></script></center>

"How much is a silver dollar worth?"

"If I direct deposit my paycheck to my bank, where does the money go?"

"Our pet goat ate some of my money. How do I get it back?"

"If I become rich, do I have to pay taxes?"

"Can I tell the IRS to wait for their money because I plan to win the lottery next year?"

"If I save 50% on a dress, why is there no money in my wallet after I buy it?"

"Why won't they let me buy a house on my credit card?"

"How much interest will I earn if I hide my money in my house?"

"I didn't win the lottery. Where do I go to get my money back?"

"If I write a check and don't have enough money in my bank, will they get mad?"

"How do I declare taxes on the (illegal) drugs I sold so I don't get audited?"

"Can you give me a list of people who give money to anyone who wants it?"

"Why does my sister earn more money than me?"

and the one that started this list a few years ago:

"How much money do I need to have to be a millionaire?"

Re: Financial Questions You Never Thought To Ask

I too would like to know the answer to this question: "Can you give me a list of people who give money to anyone who wants it?"

Comment

Wouldn't we all

Comment

Thank you- I haven't laughed this much in ages

Comment

Jeffrey,

You are joking, right?

Comment

Unfortunately, no...

Comment

Let's bump this up so others get to read it. This is too good to be buried away. You should make this a sticky at the top of the board, and keep adding to it.
              Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
              * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
              * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Unbelievable!
                "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
                  Let's bump this up so others get to read it. This is too good to be buried away. You should make this a sticky at the top of the board, and keep adding to it.
                  I second that!

Comment

Hope you don't mind, but I HAD to send that on to some friends with a sense of humor!

Gail
                    Gailete
                    http://www.MoonwishesSewingandCrafts.com

Comment

Working...
                    X