Shope online and save sales tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shope online and save sales tax

If you could plan for buying shoes you buy online and save some money because skechers.com give you a free shipping and no sales tax on their shoes.

This is true of many websites - free shipping and no sales tax. We shop on Amazon all the time. Not only that but their prices are typically lower than stores anyway.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

I was surprised to learn that people who live in Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, and Washington are subject to tax on Amazon.

Also, from Amazon:

We do not collect sales or use taxes in all states. For states imposing sales or use taxes, your purchase is subject to use tax unless it is specifically exempt from taxation. Your purchase is not exempt merely because it is made over the Internet or by other remote means. Many states require purchasers to file a sales/use tax return at the end of the year reporting all of the taxable purchases that were not taxed and to pay tax on those purchases. Details of how to file these returns may be found at the websites of your respective taxing authorities.

Amazon.com Help: Sales Tax

My lips are sealed.

Comment

Free shipping is always good.

Comment

We have to pay sales tax on almost everything we order online. If that business has a physical presence in your state they are supposed to charge you tax. I live less than two miles from Amazon headquarters, so yes we pay sales tax on Amazon purchases.

Comment

online shopping is the best. save more time and effort and mostly are free shipping

Comment

Originally posted by hamchan View Post
              We have to pay sales tax on almost everything we order online. If that business has a physical presence in your state they are supposed to charge you tax. I live less than two miles from Amazon headquarters, so yes we pay sales tax on Amazon purchases.
              I've noticed lots more sites I pay tax on now. We are also asked when filing our state taxes if we purchased online and didnt pay the taxes.

Comment

I would like to buy clothes at forever21 or GAP. They always have big sale, you can subscribe them to get sale as soon as they start

Comment

but shipping fee is a big problem !

Comment

I love shopping online because I can save on sales tax and receive free shipping. What a convenience! In the case of Amazon, they started charging sales tax for California residents because they opened a warehouse in California.

Comment

I do all mine online but that's a good angle to think about which I hadn't before, thanks

Comment

Also buy amazon giftcards. Lots of people sell them for 85% their face value. Makes everything instantly 15% off

Comment

I usually avail free shipping on my online shopping but NO SALE TAX is something new for me. Thanks for educating us

Comment

I used to get shopping coupons and promos from different websites. What I do is search google for such offers before ordering anything on the web.

Comment

Working...
                            X