Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Padlocks for the needy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Padlocks for the needy

    I'm a retired locksmith and have an idea that could benefit

    many people. My idea is to collect padlocks that people have

    but they have lost the combination or key for. I'd either

    determine the combination or fit a key to the lock and then

    redistribute to those in need of a lock at no cost. Something

    similar to the Toys for Tots program. Any ideas how one could

    go about setting up collection and distribution for an

    endeavor of this sort.

    Old lock doc

    #2
    I don't know how you'd collect the locks but I do know hospices and home care agencies have a need for these. For low income people who need to lock up their narcotics in a bad neighborhood, or patients who have to worry about family stealing narcs, for locks on front doors for patients who are alone and bed bound and cannot open the door for healthcare staff, etc.

    Comment


      #3
      Hey Old Lock Doc,

      Why not post on craigslist?

      Also...how do you find the keys or combinations to old locks? Is it easy to do?
      james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com
      202.468.6043

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post
        Hey Old Lock Doc,

        Why not post on craigslist?

        Also...how do you find the keys or combinations to old locks? Is it easy to do?


        This member posted ONCE in 2014 and has never returned and you are bumping his thread with a suggestion?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by DaveInPgh View Post


          This member posted ONCE in 2014 and has never returned and you are bumping his thread with a suggestion?

          Now I now this site is doomed since the new owner is actively encouraging the spam.
          Steve

          * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
          * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
          * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

            Now I now this site is doomed since the new owner is actively encouraging the spam.
            Yep, saw this the other day and thought the same thing!
            My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

            Comment

            Working...
            X