Share Your Hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bald guys

Wow, this will help bald guys feel needed. Jk. Bald guys: Donating hair for a cause. Now, what women would not find that sexy?

Comment

Wigs are not usually human and are not free.

Synthetic vs. Human Hair
      Most women prefer synthetic hair. It's easier to maintain and less expensive. Most synthetic wigs have their style molded into them, but some can be reset. The advantage to style-able wigs is that you can change their look, just as with real hair. The disadvantage is that they have to be reset every time they're washed. Synthetic hair also dries faster than real hair. Well-made synthetic wigs may look real, but they never totally feel or move the way real hair does. Nor can you treat them like your own hair -- they literally fry when exposed to heat. So no curling irons or blow dryers unless they are specifically designed for wigs. Hot rollers can be used, but only at low settings. And avoid exposing the wig to any intense heat sources such as an oven. The blast of heat will cause frizzing.

Wigs made of human hair will obviously look and feel more like your hair, but are expensive, starting at $1,000, and are far more time consuming. You can use heated appliances on them for touch-ups, but you'll probably want to take them to a professional to be washed and styled. There are three types of real hair used in wigs: Asian, Indonesian and European. The most readily available and least expensive is Asian. It is also the heaviest and least like the hair found on Western European women. Indonesian is slightly finer and considered a mid-grade hair. European is the finest and most rare, and is priced accordingly. Since all these wigs are cleaned, stripped, dyed and possibly permed, it is often difficult to tell what type of hair a wig is made from by the color or the curl alone

Comment

My boyfriend in college did this - had the most luscious thick wavy surfer hair, but when pulled straight it was almost 10inches, so he grew it out a bit and donated. Really stellar guy, miss him loads.

Comment

I have donated my hair many for years. Takes me about 10 months to grow a 15in ponytail

Comment

Its really a good cause but honestly speaking I have never heard of it before.

Comment

my hair!

Comment

my hair is very long now. i am thinking to do it this year.

Comment

My hairs are very strong. Because i spend much money and time to my hairs. I mean i like make different styles, then healthy hairs is must. I mostly use natural products, like herbal.
                  Last edited by Abiezer; 10-13-2012, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I was going to do it but decided to keep my hair for a while longer. i will definitely donate it when i cut it

Comment

Nice idea, thanks for sharing

Comment

hair?

i wish i had hair to donate! im bald!

Comment

Previous Locks Donator

Hi there, excited to see L.O.L here on the forums! I donated a few years ago after I let my hair get super long (I'm a guy) and it's one of the most fulfilling and cool things I've ever done. I'm actually growing my hair out again so I can donate once more, not a bad way to save a bunch of money on haircuts either. I have notoriously thick and light-brown semi-curly hair so chances are it went to a little girl who needed it, and that thought makes me very happy I could help

Comment

Working...
                          X