This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas

Throughout the years, my wife and I have reached out to those less fortunate in our community every Christmas through donations, toy drives, secret santa, etc. Unfortunately, this year finds us on hard times. I have not worked since February and my wife has taken ill. I have had to postpone my education because I could not afford the transportation to school. However, this is not intended to bother others with my difficulties. Since my wife and I are unable to afford to help out this year, I am doing what I feel is the next best thing by going to as many websites as I can and imploring others with the means to do so to PLEASE help the needy in your community this Christmas, particularly if you do not ordinarily do so. A small toy or a bit of food can make all of the difference for someone in need.
    Thank you,
    Dave and Janel

It is a time of year when many people are more likely to do something for the poor. Secular culture and religions both are full of stories and enjoinders to help the poor during December and winter, generally. (seems oriented to needs of the northern latitudes, doesn it?)

Personally, as much as I love children, I prefer to give in a way the helps with the needs for food, water, heat, blankets & warm things to wear, shelter, education, medicine, creativity, and personal relationship before the needs for toys.
    "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

Comment

Our daughter's dance studio is requiring a food donation to enter their holiday performance. I will take a few extra cans on your behalf!
      My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

What a wonderful gesture. I too will take a couple extra cans on your behalf to my church event that takes food donations for the holidays. Many blessings to you in the next year.

Comment

Working for a very good cause...

Wonderful, keep up the good work.

Comment

nice lol

Comment

Nice

Comment

christmas

Thanks for sharing this. its really nice

Comment

thanks for the reminder

Comment

Good for you guys.
                    james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post
                      Good for you guys.
                      You really aren't getting off on the right foot here. Instead of working to resolve known issues, you are bumping threads that originated in 2009.

Comment

Working...
                      X