Saving Advice Forums  

Go Back   Saving Advice Forums > Financial Chit Chat > Ways To Make Money

Ways To Make Money Making money is another option to consider in addition to saving money. Share ways to make money, tips on making extra money and questions on how to make money

Like Tree13Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2016, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Forum Posts: 752
Default Ways to make money while you sleep?

Here is a good one...what are your favorite ways to make money while you sleep?

Here are some ideas to start the conversation off:

1. Earn royalties on a book or piece of music
2. Invest in stocks/bonds
3. Create a membership community or subscription based site.
4. Sell ebooks or other virtual products.
Illuminatidum likes this.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:21 PM
$ Saving Jr. College Student

Forum Posts: 428

Not sure if these qualify since they are not passive but you can technically be sleeping yet most expect you to be on the premesis in case of emergency.

http://www.thepennyhoarder.com/make-...your-driveway/

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/npo/5801950435.html

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/hea/5799789758.html

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/start...ness-4452.html

If you have extra vegetables from your garden each year

http://www.seedsnow.com/blogs/news/1...e-honor-system
Old 10-21-2016, 04:46 PM
Banned

Forum Posts: 1,611

5) Real Estate

Right now I'm beta testing selling stuff from the dollar store on eBay without keeping stock on hand. Went to the dollar store today to take pics, when the item sells i run down and buy what i need. I'm trying selling lots of 5 pieces to get the cost up and make it worthwhile, trying for $20.88 for 5 pieces which works out to a $6.90 net profit for every lot sold. I listed 19 items and well see if I get any bites, fishing is often good when I'm sleeping
Old 10-22-2016, 05:50 AM
$ Saving College Sophomore

Forum Posts: 994

ebay 24/7/365
disneysteve and Illuminatidum like this.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:55 AM
Banned

Forum Posts: 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by james.hendrickson View Post

3. Create a membership community or subscription based site.
Don't get any ideas about making this site a paid subscription site.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:56 AM
Banned

One I would add is affiliate programs
Old 10-22-2016, 02:13 PM
$ Saving College Senior

Forum Posts: 2,357

Don't forget about old fashioned interest income.

Regarding royalties, they are earned on TV shows too.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:01 PM
$ Saving Fourth Grader

Forum Posts: 26

Amazon FBA.

I usually wake up to some sales that occurred while I was asleep. Best of all, I don't have to ship anything.

I also have an Amazon affiliate site, so I get commissions on things people buy if they click through from my site. Not a huge amount of money, typically $30 or so a month but it doesn't require any work. Around Christmas it's closer to $150/month.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:09 PM

Speaking of Amazon, here are my sales for today- two sales

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/...psd3nf5lo4.png

This is how much $$ I made- $26.29

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/...pswfbuhjnj.png

I spent .99 cents each item (no tax)
I bought them while on the clock thrifting with one of my clients. I list and take photos while at work too. I usually have more than enough time... even after doing so much more than what's expected. I do the postage on my own time at home.
Better than a kick in the pants I suppose.... I stopped selling on Ebay a while back to try Etsy instead. A lady filed a case against me on Ebay, item not received. Showed it was w/tracking then depsite ebays rules, somehow she opened up a second case saying item was not "described fully" huh?? I won that too. Then she appeaed and I won that too so Ebay said they would refund her, why I don't know. But I am not resposible for refunding her. Yet Ebay keeps my paypal overdrawn for that amount of that sale and me bouncing back from calling paypal to ebay to fix to no avail. Both entities lie and have every excuse in the book to keep paypal in a negative balance pointing fingers at each other for the descrepancy.
I blocked paypal from taking $$ out of my bank acct so I think they are angry and won't admit they tried to steal from me to no avail. Ebay paid a scammer off, good for them, but I have no interest in funding ebay's thieves.

Last edited by Outdoorsygal; 10-23-2016 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:45 AM
Banned

I have heard way too many horror stories regarding PayPal. I removed my bank account to eliminate their access to my money.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:53 AM
Banned

I used to drop ship ak47 parts kits when it was legal to sell them on eBay. I was buying them for $50 and selling them like hotcakes for $95, Imust of sold over 100 pieces without shipping a single one

A little trick to protect yyourself from the bad egg buyer is to use 2 PayPal accounts. 1 account that receives the funds from the buyer, then you transfer the funds to another PayPal account. Once funds are in pp account #2 then withdrawal to your bank. If there is a dispute from your buyer the funds will be overdrawn on acct #1 and you just abandon it. Open a new account to receive funds, your withdrawing pp account will always be "clean". I've got 4 or 5 abandoned pp accounts with negative balances. This is especially helpful when selling high dollar items like gold and silver, buyers always try to get over you on high dollar items. I lost $180 one time and only 1 time
Old 10-24-2016, 08:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97guns View Post
I used to drop ship ak47 parts kits when it was legal to sell them on eBay. I was buying them for $50 and selling them like hotcakes for $95, Imust of sold over 100 pieces without shipping a single one

A little trick to protect yyourself from the bad egg buyer is to use 2 PayPal accounts. 1 account that receives the funds from the buyer, then you transfer the funds to another PayPal account. Once funds are in pp account #2 then withdrawal to your bank. If there is a dispute from your buyer the funds will be overdrawn on acct #1 and you just abandon it. Open a new account to receive funds, your withdrawing pp account will always be "clean". I've got 4 or 5 abandoned pp accounts with negative balances. This is especially helpful when selling high dollar items like gold and silver, buyers always try to get over you on high dollar items. I lost $180 one time and only 1 time
But aren't you paying to transfer money from account #1 to #2?
Old 10-24-2016, 09:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInPgh View Post
But aren't you paying to transfer money from account #1 to #2?

No it's free
Old 10-24-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInPgh View Post
I have heard way too many horror stories regarding PayPal. I removed my bank account to eliminate their access to my money.
Smart guy

I did essentially the same thing by blocking them. Problem is paypal is a necessary evil if you sell on ebay and I am missing sales by taking a stand

Here are today's Amazon sales today if anyone is interested. I spent .69 cents on this thinga mi jigger whatever it is. A hobby item

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/...psebehkcxt.png

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/...psno4qpewz.png

Last edited by Outdoorsygal; 10-24-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:44 PM

I'm back on Ebay. After two weeks and about 12 phone calls, someone finally got sick of me and cancelled the $74 request which made my Paypal Acct overdrawn.

I sold just one item since and it allowed me to pay my Ebay fees
Old 11-02-2016, 02:13 AM
$ Saving HS Senior

Forum Posts: 280

The way I do it Myself is through blogging.
Since I'm an Internet marketer, I've learnt the effective ways of monetizing my blog and have it generate income for me while I'm asleep or on vacation.

As you may be knowing, Internet marketing is a very saturated niche with everyone having something to sell and thus you need to be different.
The best way to make money with a blog is through;

✔ Publishing valuable content.
As you may have heard, CONTENT IS KING.
Focus on over delivering and you will see how people are going to like not only your content but YOU.
This helps you build authority. Which is really important if you are looking at having a life long business.

A common question that I get from wannabe bloggers & bloggers who are starting out: "Where do I get ideas for content?"

Well guess what: You get ideas from forums like this one (My heaven for content ideas), see what's trending in your niche and write blog posts relating to that. (Check out buzzsumo)

✔Give your blog some exposure
Just writing and publishing valuable content is not enough, you need to share it ALL OVER. A good way to do this is by using the power of social media.
Once you've published a blog post share it across the various Facebook groups that you are a member of. (Join various blog sindication groups and you will see some magic)

✔Market you products through your blog.
I personally have a page on my blog that has some of the products that I have on sale and each product has a description and a buy button. This is really good since a visitor can decide to buy a product right on the spot once he visits this page. (You don't have to convince him like you would probably do in email marketing)

✔Lastly : REMAIN CONSISTENT!!!!
Keep on publishing great content and learn some seo tricks and you will see some great results.

All the best and God bless.
Outdoorsygal and PeteEskind like this.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:01 PM
$ Saving Fourth Grader

Forum Posts: 26

If you've managed to make decent money with your blog, more power to you.

I know firsthand how much work that is. I gave it up and shifted to selling jewelry instead. Better profit margins.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:53 AM
$ Saving Kindergartener

Forum Posts: 2

with todayís world of technology, you can start your own information publishing business even if you have no money to get started with.

Hereís a simple 3-step process you can follow to get started.

Step 1 - Decide What Type Of Information Product To Sell
Step 2 - Create the Product : you can often get articles created for just $5 on Fiverr that you can then sell as an eBook.
Step 3 - Sell the Product: Once you have your sales process setup, you then have to drive traffic to your products.

If you have listed your products through the giant powerhouses like Amazon, you will get the benefit of their millions of daily visitors automatically without having to buy advertisements.

So thatís the entire process. You can then repeat this process to create multiple information products if you want to add additional revenue streams.

Good luck!
Old 11-11-2016, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Forum Posts: 752

Urkel - easier said than done. Have you actually successfully made money with this model?
Old 11-14-2016, 05:37 AM
$ Saving Kindergartener

Forum Posts: 2

yes my friend. One of the easiest ways to create your own residual income stream is by selling information to others. People will always want information, and are willing to pay for good information products. Once you have your sales process setup, you then have to drive traffic to your products.

If you have listed your products through the giant powerhouses like Amazon, you will get the benefit of their millions of daily visitors automatically without having to buy advertisements.

So thatís the entire process. You can then repeat this process to create multiple information products if you want to add additional revenue streams.

Good luck!
Closed Thread