Saving Advice Forums  

Go Back   Saving Advice Forums > Financial Chit Chat > Ways To Make Money

Ways To Make Money Making money is another option to consider in addition to saving money. Share ways to make money, tips on making extra money and questions on how to make money

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2014, 10:32 PM
$ Saving Kindergartener

Forum Posts: 4
Default How do I start a business at home?

How do you go about creating additional sources of income? I have a job that I work at full time (40 hours a week), but I was to start a business at home. Has anyone here ever done this? Are there any special permits I need to do this? Do I have to set up special business or get a license, or can I just start it on my own without these?
Old 12-27-2014, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Forum Posts: 26,533

It really depends on what type of business you are talking about and the laws and regulations where you live. Is there something specific you had in mind?

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
* There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:20 AM
$ Saving HS Sophomore

Forum Posts: 188

I work from home as a web designer (and also earn money from blogging - advertising revenue). There are many freelancing web sites you can offer your services, but you do need some skills and most importantly to decide on the service you can provide.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:55 PM
$ Saving Kindergartener

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysteve View Post
It really depends on what type of business you are talking about and the laws and regulations where you live. Is there something specific you had in mind?
I am currently researching to find something, but haven't made a decision. I was wondering if any type of business needs special permits to be run out of a house, or if some you can do without getting business licenses.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:11 AM
$ Saving Assistant Professor

Forum Posts: 4,070

City bylaws are different in every community. Any business that has clients coming to your premises likely needs a permit. In many instances you need to meet 'code.' If neighbours complain and you'll be in a lot of bureaucracy and fines. If you operate a service and want a business bank account, loan, etc. you'll need to file a business plan and be licensed for that business annually. If you want the income as a separate entity, be able to charge of percentage of office space, utilities, auto mileage and operating expenses you'll need a Corporate number/listing. You can easily take a course to walk you through the process, supply forms and DIY at a community college evening program. Tuition is a business expense and is so worthwhile to protect you from making expensive mistakes.

,,,just my .02 cents
Old 06-11-2015, 12:22 AM
$ Saving Third Grader

Forum Posts: 16

Try online courses, I think there are some concerning starting business from a scratch on coursera. Also try edx.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:29 AM
$ Saving Fifth Grader

Forum Posts: 38
Default Bussiness at home

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you don't need any type of licence for freelancing on sites like Upwork, Elance, GenuineJobs, etc.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:25 PM
$ Saving Third Grader

Forum Posts: 16

Thank You
Old 08-12-2015, 04:24 AM
$ Saving First Grader

Forum Posts: 5
Default How do I start a business at home?

If you are looking to start a new business for additional source of income then earning through travel affiliate program become the best money making business. Online travel industry is booming and thus creating a new money making opportunity for online aspirants. It doesnít require any technical skills and not thousands dollar investment.
With the investment of small amount $295 you can become the online travel agent. All you have to do is to promote the business of a travel supplier (flight, hotel, car hiring service etc.) and in return in the form of commission.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:57 AM
$ Saving Pre Schooler

Forum Posts: 1

You only get into issues with local authorities if you have lots of vans and lorries always coming to you premises in what I assume is essentially a residential area
Old 08-19-2015, 04:20 AM
$ Saving Kindergartener

Forum Posts: 2
Thumbs up Start a business at home.

I work from home as a content writer and also do some typing work. There are many companies that offers their services i.e form filling,typing work and simple copy paste, but you do need some typing skills and typing speed.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:08 PM
$ Saving First Grader

Yeah blogging in one way as someone said. And I will give you a great free tip. Video blogging makes more money if you are going the google road. Other than that, you can sell things online or sign up for commission programs like Amazon etc.

I can't wait to share some of my great tried and tested money making ideas on here very soon. But for now I'll add this input.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:43 PM
$ Saving Third Grader

Forum Posts: 15

try something new
Old 09-01-2016, 02:52 AM
$ Saving HS Senior

Forum Posts: 280

Starting a home business is a great way to take charge of not only your life or your time and finances.

There is nothing as rewarding as time freedom and working flexible hours at the comfort of your home. However its not easy and it all depends on which type of home business you are starting.

There are many home business ideas to go by. I would suggest you do something you have a skill in and has a market in which it can be profitable.

If you donít have any ideas try the internet. There are many ways to make legitimate income online, for example with affiliate marketing.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Forum Posts: 741

A lot of people feel like you need a license or business plan or something. What you really need for a side gig is a model that makes money. And you need to be actively working that model, generating money. The licensing, formalization, etc. - all that come later. What you need first is something that works.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:59 AM
Banned

Forum Posts: 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by follocelebrity View Post
so many types of home base business you will start, depends on what type of business you will start so first of all specify what kind of business you will start
Old 11-01-2016, 06:45 PM
$ Saving HS Sophomore

Forum Posts: 185

instead of trying to start a random home business with no specific purpose..find something you either like or want to do .. and figure out how you can do it from home.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:38 PM
$ Saving Pre Schooler

Forum Posts: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by profile View Post
How do you go about creating additional sources of income? I have a job that I work at full time (40 hours a week), but I was to start a business at home. Has anyone here ever done this? Are there any special permits I need to do this? Do I have to set up special business or get a license, or can I just start it on my own without these?
Getting into affiliate marketing is a very good approach. However, there is no easy means to making money online. The good about affiliate marketing is that you need no inventory. Sell other people's goods and get paid a percentage
Old 07-14-2017, 10:36 AM
$ Saving First Grader

Forum Posts: 5
Default Affiliate Marketing

As many have done already (including myself), Affiliate Marketing is somewhat difficult to do in my opinion. Building an email list and creating funnels for products is the hard part, but you might have better luck than I did...
Old 07-15-2017, 12:57 PM
$ Saving Sixth Grader

Forum Posts: 61

Do not make earning money the sole goal. (Unless you are in survivor mode) I think its easier to stick to something when you like it. My passion turned into a side gig. Then my side gig turned into my full job. In the past, I found it very difficult to work at a job that I did not care about.