Saving Advice Forums  

Go Back   Saving Advice Forums > Financial Chit Chat > Ways To Make Money

Ways To Make Money Making money is another option to consider in addition to saving money. Share ways to make money, tips on making extra money and questions on how to make money

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2010, 11:25 AM
$ Saving Fourth Grader

Forum Posts: 24

I just signed up for surveysavvy and toluna. What are others thoughts on opinion place and pinecone?
Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 PM
$ Saving Kindergartener

Forum Posts: 3
Smile Surveys

Quote:
Originally Posted by good2goo View Post
I tried that once but the site I tried only paid like $5 a survey and wouldnt let you cash out till you got to $50. The problem was they didnt even offer me enough surveys to even get to $50. I checked back a month later and they still didnt open up any more surveys, so I felt like I just wasted my time. Are the ones you listed like that, because if they actually work then Id give it one more shot.
Most surveys are a waste of time. I have only two sites I will do surveys for, because they reward you even if you don't qualify. Most survey sites give you nothing for the time you've taken answering questions. I make most of my online money reading emails, viewing websites or watching videos.
mariah123 likes this.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:58 PM
$ Saving Kindergartener

Forum Posts: 3
Smile Survey Savvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard210 View Post
I just signed up for surveysavvy and toluna. What are others thoughts on opinion place and pinecone?
I did get paid by survey savvy.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 PM
$ Saving Pre Schooler

Forum Posts: 1
Default Work from home

You can earn money without paying for a work from home program. Survey companies are not always legit. Do your research there are good ones. Ones that send you enough should be part of the deal.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:06 PM
$ Saving Fourth Grader

Forum Posts: 27

It's a great way to make money -- if the company you're dealing with is legit. Be wary of survey scams out there, especially on sites like Craigslist.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:01 AM
$ Saving Fourth Grader

Forum Posts: 23

I'm also a mom and do take surveys in my spare time for extra cash. I usually use the money for a bill or to treat myself. If I'm serious, I can usually make over $100 a month from surveys but since I'm short on time nowadays, I only do it in my spare time. I recently received a $50 check from Global Test Market and $109 check is on the way from SurveySavvy. Got paid $10 from Opinion Outpost (love this site) the other day. Yes, sometimes surveys can be frustrating but if you can hang in there, deal with only legit sites, and don't expect to make a large sum of money taking surveys, it's a nice way to earn some side money. If anyone needs to ask a question about it, I may be able to help since I've been doing this since 2008.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:40 PM
$ Saving Third Grader

Forum Posts: 15

Does anyone know if you have to claim survey earnings on your taxes? (Probably a dumb question)

Also, do I really need to put my address in for mysurvey.com? I'd rather not get anymore junk than what I get now.

Last edited by jgraham114; 04-04-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:52 PM
$ Saving Fourth Grader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham114 View Post
Does anyone know if you have to claim survey earnings on your taxes? (Probably a dumb question)
I did this year. I live in the US so any money I earn needs to be reported whether from surveys or any other online income. If you earn $600 or more with any one survey company, you are supposed to be sent a 1099 from the company and report that income on your return. They won't send you one if you earned less than that. Don't know how it works with other countries.

To answer your other question, MySurvey will only send you survey invitations. If you plan to do surveys, use a different email altogether just for that purpose. Never use your main email address.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:57 PM
$ Saving Third Grader

I meant house address and not email address.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:03 PM
$ Saving Fourth Grader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham114 View Post
I meant house address and not email address.
In that case, you have nothing to worry about. The only thing I get from Mysurvey are the occasional freebies I get when doing a product test survey (they mail you out a product to try (cereal, chips, lotion, things of that nature). Never gotten anything other than that sent to my home address.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:12 PM
$ Saving Third Grader

If you can find legit sites, it may be worth it. But most of them are paid reviews.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:26 PM
$ Saving Pre Schooler

Forum Posts: 1
Default makemoneyonline3ways.wordpress.com

I recently quit my job to stay at home with my kid and have been what I consider very successful with paid surveys $5-$15 per day.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:47 AM
Banned

Forum Posts: 1,272

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteEskind View Post
it's really difficult to find something decent in the first place, because there are plenty of scams and it's hard to trust reviews nowadays
I agree.

And I am certainly not going to trust a site posted in a thread that hasn't received a post for 4 years.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:24 AM
$ Saving Third Grader

Forum Posts: 18

Online surveys don't pay very well due to limitations in the survey design and the verification of respondents.

The biggest survey dollars are offered to those who most value their time. I've seen some surveys offer $500 for 60-90 minutes for tech executives who fit a certain profile. At least part of the survey is done in person. These surveys often go unfilled due to lack of interest. It's simply not a good use of their time to drive to the survey site and give up that productive time. They could make more sitting at the office.

On another level, if you have specialized expertise in a growing industry, there are recruiters who will pay thousands for an hour of your time by skype to ask for your opinion and give you five-figure monthly retainers.
clatoden99 and Sam1000 like this.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:31 PM
$ Saving Jr. High Schooler

Forum Posts: 89

Surveys are cool, but honestly, you are better off investing your money and developing some passive income that way, plus the payoff is you don't have to work for the money, you can just collect your stock dividends and chill with Netflix.