The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

A tale of 2 Brothers and an Inheritance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A tale of 2 Brothers and an Inheritance




    My Brother Bought 3 Rental Properties With Our Inheritance And I Used Mine To Pay Off Debt. He Says, ‘That's Why I'll Retire Rich And You Won't’
    Brian

  • #2
    The article is too open ended, no exact details, I can only comment on what I don't know.

    The brother who purchased the rental properties, did he have mortgage, student loans, credit card debt, and car loans equal to his brother?

    What was their income before hand? The brother with all the debt, was he making $500k a year and the other brother living on the street?

    The article was correct in the statement he "bought a rental business". Maybe in 10 years he has 10 more houses, maybe he is broke.

    "Thats why I'll retire rich and you won't" is only click bait with nothing to back it up.

    Comment

    Working...
    X