No announcement yet.

Invisibly, Sell Your Online Data, Truly Passive and Low Hassle, But Low Payout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invisibly, Sell Your Online Data, Truly Passive and Low Hassle, But Low Payout

Okay, so my daughter started private school this month. As a result, I've been looking to pick up every extra dollar I can.

One of the options I've been working has been selling my on-line data to a data broker. These days I pretty much live on-line, and from what I gather most of my data is being tracked and sold by third parties anyways, so I though I'd look into giving it up voluntarily.

One company I found in this space is called: Invisibly.

How Invisibly's model works is they aggregate and sell your data (with your permission), to brands and social media platforms. These companies use the data to better target their customers and increase ad sales.

Signing up isn't too hard - you give them access to your social media, your demographic data, install a chrome extension and let them read your bank spending activity.

This lets you accumulate points. One hundred points translates to $1. If you sign up for everything you'll get about $5 per month.

Click image for larger version  Name:	invisibly.png Views:	0 Size:	112.2 KB ID:	727026

The upsides are:

1) Its totally passive. Once you get signed up, you pretty much just have to check in every 60 days and request a payment.

2) There are no hassles in getting paid. They normally make payment through Paypal, so you get the money in 2 to 3 days.

The downsides are:

1) It's not a huge money maker. You're looking at $5 which is pretty much the price of a cup of coffee. I suspect they get more for your data than they're sharing with you.

2) The company is new. Invisibly has only been around since 2017 and is running on $20 Million worth of venture capital. So, its not clear what their future looks like.

I've had my account set up for about three months - so far there have been no issues.
    Last edited by james.hendrickson; 09-13-2021, 02:27 PM.
    james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com
Working...
X