Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlexanderColeman
    replied

I think eBay is still the go to site when it comes to selling both brand new and second hand goods. I remember a friend who was able to buy a second hand gadget for a very reasonable price through the site and she says she's quiet contented with it. I just don't like how they charge a seller multiple times. Just like what you said, they have charges for the item itself, for the shipping, they have a monthly fee and they charge for every other extra service so basically everything you do with them gets charged.

Leave a comment:

• Jluke
    replied
    Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
    I would love to have this problem. Every year we hope that someone will come by looking to shovel our property. I would hire them in an instant. But nobody ever comes and I'm stuck doing it myself.
    time to advertise on your lawn; line someone up before the first snowstorm.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by Butterscotch View Post
    Iím dreading the first snow because neighborhood kids come around looking to shovel.
    I would love to have this problem. Every year we hope that someone will come by looking to shovel our property. I would hire them in an instant. But nobody ever comes and I'm stuck doing it myself.

Leave a comment:

• Butterscotch
    replied
    Iím dreading the first snow because neighborhood kids come around looking to shovel. I would love to let them do it, but our society has become so litigious that Iím afraid to let anyone that isnít a licensed business do any work on our property. Itís sad, but I donít know their parents. If one of them slipped on ice and cracked their heads open I would be on the hook for that. I donít even know if my home owners insurance covers people doing work who arenít licensed...
    Iím probably being paranoid, but it seems like everyone has the potential to sue. Same issue with kids who offer to pet sit or walk my dog. And I have a really good dog!

Leave a comment:

• Kimberly925
    replied
    My 14 yo daughter makes extra money by selling homemade slime. Seems to be a popular thing these days for kids. There are lots of YouTube tutorials for making slime.

Leave a comment:

• Sam1000
    replied
    As for entrepreneurship, there is no best strategy.Because the situation in each industry is different, it is difficult to have a standard answer to this question.What I can tell you is that the product is a key factor in trying to succeed in business.
    The global pioneer product is named ďkids diy decorĒ.
    Itís a genius and the global exclusive home decoration product , with it you can decorate your room by drawing a full wall art painting in 2 hours , even you donít have any painting skills .
    No franchise fee, no agent fee, only 2000$ first purchase you can start your own business.
    But before you make up your mind , youíd better apply a free sample for test and experience it by yourself .

Leave a comment:

• EmptySoother
    replied
    What happened to the good old summer jobs?! It's what teens usually do.

Leave a comment:

• clatoden99
    replied
    Sell on Amazon or EBay, buy a small passive internet business. Have a skill that's in demand? Offer to teach to others. There are so many ways to make some extra money. Use your imagination and be creative. Isolate an issue that's a problem for many people where you live. Then try to fix that issue by offering a service or product. Talk to people that are doing exactly what you'd like to be doing. Ask them many questions- offer to be an unpaid assistant/intern in exchange for their mentoring of you. Best of Luck!

Leave a comment:

• msomnipotent
    replied
    I started working in a gas station when I was 11, which I cannot recommend at all. I also raked leaves, edging, shoveling, etc. I would have mowed too if our lawn mower was decent. That is easy work for someone with a lot of energy (i.e., kids) and the pay was pretty good.

My daughter used to sell those plastic loom bracelets that were all the rage a few years back. Now she is starting to sell slime until that goes out of fashion. She is also trying to work as a mommy's helper in our neighborhood. They basically get preteens to keep on eye on the kids while the parents are cleaning, studying, paying bills or what-not. It is a good way to train your future babysitter and get things done while paying a relatively small amount. I wish I thought of it. There is a lot of competition in our neighborhood, though. I think most of the kids here are all the same age. Or at least the ones that sign up in the subdivision circular are.

Leave a comment:

• Snydley
    replied
    I got my first real job at Wendy's as a sandwich maker when I was 14, I was eventually moved up to take out cashier. It was a tough job at times, dealing with customers, getting the orders right, watching and watching and watching the clock, and always coming home with a film of grease on me.

In retrospect, working this type of job (and I worked similar ones in food service after it) gave me such valuable life skills. I learned how to work HARD at something that was sometimes kinda gross, sometimes painfully boring, and sometimes quite stressful (like when I put too much mustard on someone's burger and they complained to the manager that I needed to pay for the dry cleaning on his suit!).

Leave a comment:

• danielaa
    replied
    Most of the teens earn money by doing house chores. Some can also earn by working online.

Leave a comment:

• gustavowoltmann66
    replied
    Originally posted by MonryMaestro View Post
    I just setup my own small business buying small items in bulk from China and selling them on eBay for a profit as a teenager. - it isn't as complex as you may think!
    Hello, i am also starting a new project doing dropshipping in ebay. I hope we make enough money!

Gustavo Woltmann

Leave a comment:

• kork13
    replied
    My wife & I went out tonight for dinner & a movie, and our daycare provider's daughter (13 y/o, who just finished a babysitting class) was thrilled to have the opportunity to watch our son for a few hours... and I appreciated the cut-rate price she charged! It was also nice to see that as soon as my wife paid her, her mom was encouraging to start saving it up.

I made money in my teens babysitting & mowing lawns. I tried getting a job at a photo shop, but my parents heartily forbade it... They didn't want me taking time away from my school work. My younger brothers had better luck (or benefited from my persistent pleading for a chance to get a "normal" job), and one worked as a car washer/lot attendant at a car dealership, then later at Circuit City (pre-bankruptcy... and totally not his fault )
    Last edited by kork13; 01-14-2017, 11:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by thestrongprofessional View Post
    There are always creative ways to make money. I would start with selling some food or drink product. People are always hungry/thirsty.
    Originally posted by StormRichards View Post
    These are nice little stories but not really relevant to this thread. Sure, a college student can still be a teenager, but the OP clearly references minors in his post.
    I fail to see how Raphael's comment, quoted above, isn't relevant to the thread. Yes, he wasn't a minor when he started the business in college but the idea could just as well be implemented by someone younger.

Leave a comment:

• StormRichards
    replied
    Originally posted by thestrongprofessional View Post
    When I was in college, I started a pasta catering service targeting students that went to my university. We advertised on campus and soon we were able to generate some business from different clubs and organizations on campus. Our biggest event was for 150 people and generated almost $650 in pure profit! There are always creative ways to make money. I would start with selling some food or drink product. People are always hungry/thirsty.

Raphael
    Originally posted by scfr View Post
    Love it. I remember there were a couple guys on my campus who started a calzone delivery service, then a little coffee shop, and after graduation started an events planning business.
    These are nice little stories but not really relevant to this thread. Sure, a college student can still be a teenager, but the OP clearly references minors in his post.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X