No announcement yet.

Best ways to teens to make money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the teens earn money by doing house chores. Some can also earn by working online.

Comment

I got my first real job at Wendy's as a sandwich maker when I was 14, I was eventually moved up to take out cashier. It was a tough job at times, dealing with customers, getting the orders right, watching and watching and watching the clock, and always coming home with a film of grease on me.

In retrospect, working this type of job (and I worked similar ones in food service after it) gave me such valuable life skills. I learned how to work HARD at something that was sometimes kinda gross, sometimes painfully boring, and sometimes quite stressful (like when I put too much mustard on someone's burger and they complained to the manager that I needed to pay for the dry cleaning on his suit!).

Comment

I started working in a gas station when I was 11, which I cannot recommend at all. I also raked leaves, edging, shoveling, etc. I would have mowed too if our lawn mower was decent. That is easy work for someone with a lot of energy (i.e., kids) and the pay was pretty good.

My daughter used to sell those plastic loom bracelets that were all the rage a few years back. Now she is starting to sell slime until that goes out of fashion. She is also trying to work as a mommy's helper in our neighborhood. They basically get preteens to keep on eye on the kids while the parents are cleaning, studying, paying bills or what-not. It is a good way to train your future babysitter and get things done while paying a relatively small amount. I wish I thought of it. There is a lot of competition in our neighborhood, though. I think most of the kids here are all the same age. Or at least the ones that sign up in the subdivision circular are.

Comment

Sell on Amazon or EBay, buy a small passive internet business. Have a skill that's in demand? Offer to teach to others. There are so many ways to make some extra money. Use your imagination and be creative. Isolate an issue that's a problem for many people where you live. Then try to fix that issue by offering a service or product. Talk to people that are doing exactly what you'd like to be doing. Ask them many questions- offer to be an unpaid assistant/intern in exchange for their mentoring of you. Best of Luck!

Comment

What happened to the good old summer jobs?! It's what teens usually do.

Comment

As for entrepreneurship, there is no best strategy.Because the situation in each industry is different, it is difficult to have a standard answer to this question.What I can tell you is that the product is a key factor in trying to succeed in business.
              The global pioneer product is named ďkids diy decorĒ.
              Itís a genius and the global exclusive home decoration product , with it you can decorate your room by drawing a full wall art painting in 2 hours , even you donít have any painting skills .
              No franchise fee, no agent fee, only 2000$ first purchase you can start your own business.
              But before you make up your mind , youíd better apply a free sample for test and experience it by yourself .

Comment

My 14 yo daughter makes extra money by selling homemade slime. Seems to be a popular thing these days for kids. There are lots of YouTube tutorials for making slime.

Comment

Iím dreading the first snow because neighborhood kids come around looking to shovel. I would love to let them do it, but our society has become so litigious that Iím afraid to let anyone that isnít a licensed business do any work on our property. Itís sad, but I donít know their parents. If one of them slipped on ice and cracked their heads open I would be on the hook for that. I donít even know if my home owners insurance covers people doing work who arenít licensed...
                  Iím probably being paranoid, but it seems like everyone has the potential to sue. Same issue with kids who offer to pet sit or walk my dog. And I have a really good dog!

Comment

Originally posted by Butterscotch View Post
                    Iím dreading the first snow because neighborhood kids come around looking to shovel.
                    I would love to have this problem. Every year we hope that someone will come by looking to shovel our property. I would hire them in an instant. But nobody ever comes and I'm stuck doing it myself.
                    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
                      I would love to have this problem. Every year we hope that someone will come by looking to shovel our property. I would hire them in an instant. But nobody ever comes and I'm stuck doing it myself.
                      time to advertise on your lawn; line someone up before the first snowstorm.

Comment

I think eBay is still the go to site when it comes to selling both brand new and second hand goods. I remember a friend who was able to buy a second hand gadget for a very reasonable price through the site and she says she's quiet contented with it. I just don't like how they charge a seller multiple times. Just like what you said, they have charges for the item itself, for the shipping, they have a monthly fee and they charge for every other extra service so basically everything you do with them gets charged.

Comment

Working...
                        X