Citibank Double Cash Card Opinions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle View Post

How does that work with buying the gift cards? It just shows up on your AMEX as a grocery store purchase?
    Yes, it should just show up as a grocery store purchase.

I went through and calculated our returns, so I appreciated the reminder to make sure it was still profitable. In 2014 we spent $8,000 on the card and got back $475. Paid a $75 annual fee. That means $400 back net or still a full 5%.

When we signed up for the card we received a $150 bonus. I figured that covered the fee for the first two years and something better would come along after that. Or you know, the good cards always go away. So it was good to re-calculate since I think we are now in our third year. I am relieved that it is still such a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMama View Post
      Yes, it should just show up as a grocery store purchase.

I went through and calculated our returns, so I appreciated the reminder to make sure it was still profitable. In 2014 we spent $8,000 on the card and got back $475. Paid a $75 annual fee. That means $400 back net or still a full 5%.

When we signed up for the card we received a $150 bonus. I figured that covered the fee for the first two years and something better would come along after that. Or you know, the good cards always go away. So it was good to re-calculate since I think we are now in our third year. I am relieved that it is still such a great deal.
      Thanks for the clarification! Yes, we'll do that as well going forward with gift cards.

Yup we figured the $100 would cover the first year's expense. I was able to call on another card and waive the 1st year annual fee. Didn't work the 2nd year.

Still, we'll be over $500 ahead this year with this card.
      ~ Eagle

Comment

Working...
      X