No announcement yet.

milestone reached!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see an update that wasnt bumped from spam. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by rigz View Post
      Bumping an old thread...

5.5 years later we just passed 2 million!

woohoo!
      Congrats! That's some pretty solid growth, and the dollar figures will only get bigger even faster over time, especially as you keep adding to your savings. Compounding interest is a wonderful thing, as long as it's working for you.

We crossed the $1M line back in July, so if we manage to cross $2M around 5 years from now, I'd be thrilled! But we're enjoying a long-running bull market, which has assuredly helped us both, so who knows how long that party will last. But let's enjoy it while we can!
      "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

Comment

Bumping an old thread...

woohoo!
        That's fantastic!

You had mentioned originally that the $1 million included home equity which was about 20% of the total. How is that now? Did your investments grow a lot (probably) or your home value shoot up, or some of both?
        Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Bumping an old thread...

woohoo!

Congratulations!!!! Was it the bull market or did your income increase? A million in 5.5 years is AMAZING!

Comment

Originally posted by rennigade View Post
            Nice to see an update that wasnt bumped from spam. Congrats!
            thanks!

Originally posted by kork13 View Post

Congrats! That's some pretty solid growth, and the dollar figures will only get bigger even faster over time, especially as you keep adding to your savings. Compounding interest is a wonderful thing, as long as it's working for you.

We crossed the $1M line back in July, so if we manage to cross $2M around 5 years from now, I'd be thrilled! But we're enjoying a long-running bull market, which has assuredly helped us both, so who knows how long that party will last. But let's enjoy it while we can!
            agreed. and yes this bull market has been quite nice.

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
            That's fantastic!

You had mentioned originally that the $1 million included home equity which was about 20% of the total. How is that now? Did your investments grow a lot (probably) or your home value shoot up, or some of both?
            its about the same (~20%). investments also did quite well. i know it wont last forever though.

Originally posted by Scallywag View Post

Congratulations!!!! Was it the bull market or did your income increase? A million in 5.5 years is AMAZING!

the bull market definitely helped. our income went up some. I cant remember exactly how much it was then so im guessing it was in the low 200s. now its around 250.

Comment

Nice congrats!
              Got debt?
              www.mo-moneyman.com

Comment

Working...
              X