We bought our Odyssey used, only a year old, and it is financed at 3.9% through Honda. We bought in May 2008. You could give your dealer a call to find out what the current rate is. Maybe they could send you emails when the rates change!
Logging in...
Tell me your opinions on solutions to this problem...
Collapse
X
-
Just did a search and saw that Pilots 2009 and 2010 can be financed at 1.9% for 36 months and 2.9% for 37 to 60 months. Good through March 1.
I found this information here at the bottom of the page.My other blog is Your Organized Friend.
Comment
-
-
RightOriginally posted by disneysteve View PostYou can't just look at the time period. You've got to look at the total interest paid. If 13 years costs you less than 12 years, that's the way to go.
until I add the complexity that the $1500 I free up in year 12 invested would clearly make all other financial goals attainable (meaning I know every year I save paying $1500/mo to 2nd mortgage or a car payment is a year of $18,000 I can invest and make early retirement "real".
So if 13 years is cheaper than 12, it means I paid less interest
But if 12 years gets me the money I want available sooner, that makes the real objective happen fast
It took me 1 week to really understand the point you made (it did not register until LAL posted and you among others replied).
That $1500/mo has high value to me personally- it pretty much guarantees I can retire quickly the sooner it comes available. And retirement is the goal I am keeping eye on, even though the cars and 2nd mortgage are in the way short term.
Thx for replies.
Comment
-

Comment