Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people insist that they can't save anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldy1
    replied
    I have a child on the way and I hope he learns from me to not be too materialistic or impulsive.
    For me it comes from trusting and loving what is inside of me. My inner peace, financial freedom, and self esteem can not be bought at a mall.
    I also hate clutter. lol....it's like "I am sick of these wall hangings sorta but if I buy new ones these ones will clutter some storage space"
    Honestly my friends think personal finance is BORING.

Leave a comment:

• creditcardfree
    replied
    It's their maturity level. Only a mature person, can say no to wants in an effort to save. Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• mom-from-missouri
    replied
    Because they really don't want to.

Leave a comment:

• maat55
    replied
    Self-control and delayed gratification are not traits many people aspire to. Many don't realize that having savings and security feels as good or better than having useless junk. I found that it does not take very long to establish this trait when desired.

Leave a comment:

• Ima saver
    started a topic Why do people insist that they can't save anything?

Why do people insist that they can't save anything?

Why is it that some people insist that they can't save anything? I have a friend who i tried to talk into saving money about 30 years ago. I told her to start with just $5 a week. She told me, what good would $5 a week do her?
    Well, $5 times 52 weeks is only $260, but after 31 years, it is over $8000 and would be much more with compound interest, probably closer to $20,000. Still she has no savings.
Working...
X