What about Bankruptcy??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Bankruptcy??

OK, I have a question that no one seems to want to address with much detail. How do I get back on my feet after a bankruptcy due to a divorce? I know it's a horrible thing to happen and I never dreamed it would happen to me, but it did!! Even though my bankruptcy has been discharged over 2 years, I am still struggling; it's very depressing. I still can't qualify to buy a house or car. What should I do to rebuild my credit and get on with my life!

Thanks so much!

Welcome. You say nobody wants to address your question with much detail but you've only asked a very broad and general question. What exactly are you looking for help with? Are there debt or budgeting issues? If you are willing to post income and expense info, I'm sure folks here will be happy to pick through your numbers and make suggestions.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by lhhatlestad View Post
      OK, I have a question that no one seems to want to address with much detail. How do I get back on my feet after a bankruptcy due to a divorce? I know it's a horrible thing to happen and I never dreamed it would happen to me, but it did!! Even though my bankruptcy has been discharged over 2 years, I am still struggling; it's very depressing. I still can't qualify to buy a house or car. What should I do to rebuild my credit and get on with my life!

Thanks so much!
      Get a secure credit card, buy something small on it every month and pay off in full. This is a start. Eventually it will help rebuild your score so you can get other credit Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X