Gift Cards For Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift Cards For Guns

<i>Big Daddy" Willis came to Compton to turn an illegal homemade pistol into Christmas dinner. Charlene Watt planned to turn three shotguns into a plasma TV.

The two were among dozens of gun-toting residents who converged on a shopping center parking lot Saturday to anonymously swap firearms for gift certificates as part of a program aimed at reducing violence in this crime-plagued city.

Each was rewarded with a $100 gift card for Circuit City or the Ralphs supermarket chain, the program's co-sponsors...</i> <a href="http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-12-25-giftsforguns_x.htm">Entire Story</a>

Re: Gift Cards For Guns

Unique as it is, it got weaponry off the streets.

Comment

I grew up in Compton and still attend church there. Even though, I was a little shocked that this idea actually worked. I'm glad it did anyway.

Comment

Cant wait to hear in a year how much the crime rate has gone down. I really hope it does.
        They are finding out that these programs just don't work.

Also, saw a newsmagazine show last...Thursday, was it? They said that there is study after study of how gun control doesn't work. They said what I've been saying for years.

If gun control is so great, how come England and Australia's crime rates are at an all time high? Guns are illegal there except for police use. This has been the law for a long time.

Comment

Working...
        X