The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dave Ramsey’s House: Living Like No One Else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Ramsey’s House: Living Like No One Else

Debt reduction guru Dave Ramsey is well known for encouraging his followers to “live like no one else so that you can live like no one else.” Sound advice. But have you ever wondered how Ramsey himself lives?

Dave Ramsey’s House: Living Like No One Else

I'm sure he paid cash for it. He has worked hard and can afford it.

Comment

O.o I have somewhat expensive tastes. I like a nice hotel, etc, but big mansions don't even appeal to me. I can hardly keep my small-ish 3 bedroom, 1 story house clean. I guess he has a maid, huh. lol

Oh, and if you’re wondering… There’s no record of a mortgage on the property.

Comment

Good for him. He paid cash for that and everything else he owns. If that's how he chooses to spend his money, I've got no problem with that at all.
        Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

WOW. He's a blessed man. And it's good that he blesses others. You can't get mad at a man that lives what her preaches about finances.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think that's incongruent with his message at all. He doesn't preach frugality, does he? He preaches to live within one's means.

Personally, if I had that kind of money, I would like to have the really nice bathroom. I don't know why. We stayed at a fancy hotel for our honeymoon in Mexico and the bathroom blew my mind. Mahogany library? Seems pretentious. Plus the sheer size of that house must cost a fortune to heat and cool. I'd be pissed at the amount of money I was spending on such a "useless" thing.

Comment

You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.

-Zig Ziglar

Comment

Pretty amazing - no mortgage that is. Woah. But good for him I guess

Comment

all cash is nice no interest or mortgage payments to worry about..

Comment

Working...
                  X