X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeless executive lands CEO job

News Headlines
    Brian

I've never before heard of a homeless person who said what they missed most was high def TV. I'm sure the TVs in the hotels he stayed in were adequate. Next time around, I hope this fellow can save a bit more to fall back on than credit card rewards nights at hotels, though that did work out well for him.
    "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

Comment

Agreed. I guess this points out just how many people truly live paycheck to paycheck. This guy was a CEO of a company, but as soon as his paycheck disappeared he was left with literally nothing.
      Brian

Comment

Why would a company want a CEO who can't manage his money? I don't think that reflects upon the company that hired him well at all. If he can't manage his personal finances, what makes them think that he can handle a company?

Comment

Originally posted by zakity View Post
          Why would a company want a CEO who can't manage his money? I don't think that reflects upon the company that hired him well at all. If he can't manage his personal finances, what makes them think that he can handle a company?
          His company probably had no idea that he couldn't manage money. A lot of people are great managing companies and the affairs of corporations, but when it comes to their personal finances, they are clueless. I'd be willing to bet that I work with a lot of people that are completely broke and live paycheck to paycheck. But, they are able to hide it. They are in upper management, they drive expensive cars, they wear expensive clothes, and they show up in the morning with a $5 cup of coffee. But in their personal life they are upside down with their mortgage and car, and they are mired in credit card debt. They probably have no or very little savings, and the live from pay to pay. If you work with other people at your job it would probably surprise you to find out your coworkers' financial standing. Theoretically, your boss could be one of the people I described above. You could work with him for years and never know the truth about him.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by bjl584 View Post
            His company probably had no idea that he couldn't manage money. A lot of people are great managing companies and the affairs of corporations, but when it comes to their personal finances, they are clueless. I'd be willing to bet that I work with a lot of people that are completely broke and live paycheck to paycheck. But, they are able to hide it. They are in upper management, they drive expensive cars, they wear expensive clothes, and they show up in the morning with a $5 cup of coffee. But in their personal life they are upside down with their mortgage and car, and they are mired in credit card debt. They probably have no or very little savings, and the live from pay to pay. If you work with other people at your job it would probably surprise you to find out your coworkers' financial standing. Theoretically, your boss could be one of the people I described above. You could work with him for years and never know the truth about him.
            Isn't that why some companies do credit checks before offering a job?

Comment

Working...
            X