Teenager Buys House with 4-H Prize Pig Savings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teenager Buys House with 4-H Prize Pig Savings

Lindsay Binegar of Greenfield, Ohio made her first $100 at the age of four, when she won a prize for showing a pig from her family’s farm to the local 4-H Club.

Most kids would be thrilled to spend that money on a shopping spree at Toys ‘R Us. But not Lindsay.

“I didn’t get the money; it went to the bank,” she told The Columbus Dispatch.

Over the years, Lindsay kept on raising and showing pigs, and kept on winning prizes. Some were $100 for small wins; champion prizes from the county fair paid in the thousands. Before long, she had raked up an impressive amount of cash—but, aside from a purse when she was 14, Lindsay had never spent a dime of her savings. By the time she was 18, she had amassed more than $40,000, which she planned to put towards her college education at nearby Ohio University...

Teenager Lindsay Binegar Buys House with 4-H Prize Pig Savings | Gimundo | Good News... Served Daily

this is impressive; i could have traveled the world if i had that cash at that age. Parents must be so proud....

Comment

Working...
    X