Penny Pinching Examined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Penny Pinching Examined

penny-pinching-wont-save-profligate: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

It is about balance.

I used to wash out plastic baggies, but actually got tired of it. I have moved to wax paper bags for environmental reasons even though the cost is more. But yet, I now have made my own laundry detergent, which is less expensive and better for the environment.
    My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

I have a friend who claims they eat cheaper at fast food places...yet complains nonstop about their medical bills for cholesterol meds and tests...hmmm, think she's really saving money?

Comment

Recently I saw a TV show on super-couponers. What I couldn't understand is what good does it do you to get a bazillion boxes of Jell-o for free if you won't use them, and you have to store them in your garage? You create clutter & waste space. If your car won't fit in your garage, you have to park it in the driveway. I have never understood the point of having a garage if you don't park your car in it. It's there to provide protection & shelter for your car! Recently there was a spate of driveway-parked-car-break-ins in my neighborhood, which reinforced my belief. You can't pay to have a smashed car window or stolen items replaced with boxes of Jell-o!

And just imagine if there was a little hole in one of those boxes of Jell-o and the ants discovered it??? Can't pay for Amdro with boxes of Jell-o either.

Yes, sometimes the obsession with pinching a penny or two (or getting things for free) can really cost you!

Comment

Originally posted by scfr View Post
          Recently I saw a TV show on super-couponers. What I couldn't understand is what good does it do you to get a bazillion boxes of Jell-o for free if you won't use them, and you have to store them in your garage? You create clutter & waste space. If your car won't fit in your garage, you have to park it in the driveway. I have never understood the point of having a garage if you don't park your car in it. It's there to provide protection & shelter for your car! Recently there was a spate of driveway-parked-car-break-ins in my neighborhood, which reinforced my belief. You can't pay to have a smashed car window or stolen items replaced with boxes of Jell-o!

And just imagine if there was a little hole in one of those boxes of Jell-o and the ants discovered it??? Can't pay for Amdro with boxes of Jell-o either.

Yes, sometimes the obsession with pinching a penny or two (or getting things for free) can really cost you!
          Come on......there's always room for Jello!
          Brian

Comment

Working...
          X