Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this woman get a job in your office?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She doesn't look as bad as I was expecting. She's young, maybe it's just a phase (I'm sure her folks hope so, ha-ha). The hair's a scream. It ain't pretty and I'm sure she could care less. Back in my day, you had to keep your little "statements" to yourself on the job, which I still think is a great idea. I look at a person with tats and my first thought has always been "slavery," seriously, that's what I equate them with, no matter who has them. I've worked at home now for the past 15 years and I sure don't miss the office environment.

Comment

I was expecting some hot chick in a bikini..damn

Comment

Originally posted by GREENBACK View Post
        I guess it does depend on where you work or apply to work.
        I totally agree with GREENBACK. Depends on where you work. If she's an internet telemarketer, who would see her? The previous company that I've worked with, the woman was wearing a t-shirt and shorts for an interview, she wasn't picked for the way she dressed up until the first applicant who couldn't handle the pressure at the office, resigned. On this lady's second interview, she wore a business attire and got the job.

Comment

Originally posted by EEinNJ View Post
          My personal reaction is ewww... skanky.
          That quote makes me really sad. I think that is out of line.

Oh and about the jeans in church, funerals, or weddings... wearing jeans doesn't actually hurt anyone... perhaps I should wear jeans at my wedding.

Comment

No....

I know I am not going to sound very good here, but women in an office environment must dress up in a way that doest bring too much attention towards their outfits. Otherwise, not even men, but women in the office don't spare that person. And its the truth!!!

Comment

I wonder if "Lactating Mom" knows about the breast milk bags you can use to store milk in. They're sterile and easy to seal.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopyCool View Post
                I wonder if "Lactating Mom" knows about the breast milk bags you can use to store milk in. They're sterile and easy to seal.
                Ok, where did that come from? We are not talking about that here. In any case, breast feeding is a natural thing and one should not feel uncomfortable by it. But separate rooms must be provided to women for this purpose.

Comment

Oh, so sorry Mike. I forgot to ask your permission to post!

I'm referring to the subtopic of the mother in the office who was storing breastmilk in an open container. At any rate, carry on.

Comment

I have less issues with her piercings and hair so much as I don't like her wardrobe. If she were interviewing I would expect a more sleek appearance. She looks sloppy and like she is headed for the gym maybe. I know that I am old fashioned but I believe when you interview for a job, go to a funeral, etc you should dress appropriately. I don't mean dresses necessarily but a nice pair of slacks and a nice shirt. With the work area once you have the job you determine the clothing code. My last job I interviewed in a dress, nylons, and heels. I wanted to look professional. I got the job, dress code: blue jeans and tshirts. BUT how you present yourself does matter when it comes to getting a job. My reasoning for this is the person offering the job wants to know that you are interested in this job not just biding time. By dressing up a little and looking nice you show that it matters to you. I think if she were wearing a nice outfit the hair and piercings would be less offensive to people. Keep in mind this is just in regards to a job not general life.

Comment

It really depends on the job of course. Hot Topics requires you to look similar to this young lady. But for an interview no matter where she needs to look a more professional. Although I see teens going into fast food all the time looking like they just crawled out of bed.

Should we make judgments based on first impressions? Probably not but the fact is we do. And we dress according to how we want others to see us. Just sit and watch at the airport....tourist on vacation, business man going to important meeting, college student....and so on. I recall seeing a young lady dressed much like this one, and my thought wasn't "what a weirdo" but "WAY TO GO", in that she was expressing who she was and wasn't afraid of what others thought.

I even have part of my closet for my "teacher"outfits....things I wear when subbing that I wouldn't normally wear just out to Walmart, and the other way around. Although that line is getting blurred by the younger generation (teachers that dress down to the point of looking like their students).

Comment

Oddly enough, I find her attractive; I have slowly adjusted to each of her 'variances' as found in general society that the overall effect does not seem out of range. She could work at most Super Supplements stores or even in my office (I work for the US Treasury) and the public does not see us. I wear slippers at work - one guy wears big, fuzzy slippers - there is no dress code. I remember when I was a hippie in the 70s there were people violently opposed to the way I looked; they would try to beat me up and cut my hair so I tend to be a little more liberal about accepting how other people look (I engage in a light-hearted flirtation with a tattooed lady who has some pretty gory tattoos - dead-body gory but she is a sweet-heart -- I do get distracted by the eyebrows she pencils in).

but I digress
                        I YQ YQ R

Comment

o0ops double post
                          I YQ YQ R

Comment

Working...
                          X