No announcement yet.

Beautiful people earn more money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Broken Arrow;221008]Wow, I'm really offended by that (but not at you). Unless the profession itself is image-related, why should how someone look even remotely matter next to the ability to get the job done?

QUOTE]

Thanks for the affirmation. My job is in education, not cosmetics or modeling.

Comment

Just the other day I was thinking how handsome Bill Gates, Steve Wozniak, and Donald Trump were.

Just the other day I saw a study that showed that the price increase of US postal stamps has exactly matched the rate of gobal warming. Therefore if we just lower the price of stamps, it will combat global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by KTP View Post
        Just the other day I was thinking how handsome Bill Gates, Steve Wozniak, and Donald Trump were.
        Yes, and all 3 made their way in life by starting their own companies (or did Trump get his start with his father). None of them did something working for others where looks would be an issue.
        Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by KTP View Post
          Hey now, let's not lump The Woz in with the rest. He is a big, beautiful geek of a man. Growing up, he made one of the best computers that I've ever had the pleasure of using. Ah, Apple IIgs, you are missed!

Comment

Maybe the study only holds true in certain professions then. I guess I could see where a beautiful waitress would earn more money than a not so pretty one.

In the tech field though, I have seen some only-a-mother-could-love people advance quite far above their beautiful but dumber counterparts.

Skills and talent still count for something...except in management.

Comment

matters in some professions (most face-to-face salespeople or face-to-face professions in general when you are interacting directly with customers).

doesn't matter in others. I know for sure that if a "non-beautiful" person (feels bad saying that, what does that mean anyway? ) applied for a job on our engineering group and we knew they were brain-qualified, nobody would care and that person would be compensated at fair-market values for their skills.

Comment

I remember reading a study done on how you are more likely to get acquitted in a trial if you are more attractive, so this does not surprise me at all.

Comment

Working...
                X