Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Healthy food & cheap food: Mutually exclusive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Healthy food & cheap food: Mutually exclusive?

NYT: A High Price for Healthy Food

I think so and have thought so for years. I remember that about 5 years back it was really popular for books on eating healthy to claim that it would save you money as well!! I always thought that they were out of their minds. Junk food is far cheaper per calorie then fresh veggies and fruit.

Comment

Well it might be cheaper to cook healthy food than to buy a healthy restaurant diner....

Course maybe the eventual costs of health care are more for unhealthy food...

I wonder if they ever did a study on colds or the flu in junk food eaters vs healthy eaters....

Comment

I wish more people could & would garden. It helps with budget, nutrition, exercise, and I think mental or even spiritual health.
        "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

Comment

Has anyone considered sprouting seeds and grains for enhanced nutritional value? Sprouting just takes jars you can collect from recycle boxes, mesh screening or cheesecloth, rubber bands, and access to water. One can sprout all year long.

Seeds and grains from Walton Feed or Whole Foods or your local co-op are inexpensive.

Comment

Working...
          X