Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to invest IRA Rollover money - WWYD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disneysteve, you don't do a Roth IRA obviously because of income. Is your plan to start converting to Roth once you retire? Since you've had your job are you just doing 401k and then do you contribute to a regular IRA for your wife or do you have to do non-deductible due to income limits?
    LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Originally posted by LivingAlmostLarge View Post
      Disneysteve, you don't do a Roth IRA obviously because of income. Is your plan to start converting to Roth once you retire? Since you've had your job are you just doing 401k and then do you contribute to a regular IRA for your wife or do you have to do non-deductible due to income limits?
      We can't do Roths due to income.
      I fund my 401k.
      Everything else going in currently is taxable.

I may start converting once I retire depending on tax rates and such at the time.
      Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
      * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
      * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

I'm going to basically do lump sum, though it might take me a few days to do it all.

I actually decided to go with VGWAX Wellington Global because I wanted to maintain the international exposure that we had previously. I can't put everything into that, though, or it would throw off our AA and make us too heavy in stocks. So I'm also going to put part of the money into VBTLX Total Bond Index, which she already owns in another account, to balance things and maintain our AA approximately the same.
        Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Working...
        X