Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LivingAlmostLarge
    replied
    the stock market is going bonkers back up to above my retirement above $1.1M. I have taxable accounts back again higher and kids accounts are higher and unlike singuy my stuff is boring index

Leave a comment:

• Singuy
    replied
    Individual stock portfolio.

The peak before Covid drop: 1.5 million
    Today: 2.4 million

Every core holding blew out earnings despite of Covid Q2. Two positions raised guidance. One reiterated guidance. I see a path to 3 million by year end(or by month end, who knows..stock market going bonkers right now).

Leave a comment:

• rennigade
    replied
    In April, my accounts were down $114k from jan. Today, they are up $29k. Wife and I totaled everything up this morning, we're at $1,149,000

Leave a comment:

• LivingAlmostLarge
    replied
    $1500 for groceries or eating out?

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post

Disneysteve - ah, honestly I got divorced which hurt my revenue a bit...and frankly I don't want to talk about it.
    Totally understandable. Hang in there. I hope things turn around soon.

Leave a comment:

• james.hendrickson
    replied
    Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
    What's the situation there, James, if you're open to sharing? How are you managing with your expenses exceeding your income? Do you have a plan to rectify that?
    Disneysteve - ah, honestly I got divorced which hurt my revenue a bit...and frankly I don't want to talk about it.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post
    My income still isn't covering all my expenses.
    What's the situation there, James, if you're open to sharing? How are you managing with your expenses exceeding your income? Do you have a plan to rectify that?

Leave a comment:

• james.hendrickson
    replied
    My stocks are back to where they were pre-covid, and my wealth is up as well. My income still isn't covering all my expenses.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by rennigade View Post

Or, stop drinking drugs all together. Its sugar anyway.
    Actually there is 0 sugar and 0 carbs in whiskey. Now mixers can be a problem, but a good bourbon or scotch neat or on the rocks is sugar-free.

Leave a comment:

• scfr
    replied
    Originally posted by corn18 View Post
    Well, our goal was to stay within our planned retirement budget. We are averaging $333 more a month than planned. Still have work to do in the food/dining category. Our daughter is living with us while she finishes up her last college course (maybe longer as she looks for a job). Still, we are spending $2,000 a month on food/dining. We also overspent on the pets due to illnesses, but we should plan for that. We did lose our 14 yo dog last week, so that should go down now. She was expensive the last 2 years due to having Cushing's disease. Down to 2 cats now. Otherwise everything else is well within budget. Savings is on track to plan. Might be able to retire next year after all.
    Sorry to hear about your dog, corn18.

Regarding the food spending, does any uneaten food go bad and wind up in the trash? If so, a good place to start would be figuring out a system to make sure that doesn't happen.

Leave a comment:

• rennigade
    replied
    Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

It's not hard to spend that much at all if you enjoy dining out at nice restaurants frequently, and especially if you get drinks when you do. I'd say the single best tip would be to cut back on the alcohol if that's a factor. Have a cocktail or glass of wine at home before dinner and/or an after dinner drink when you get home. Or try to frequent more BYOB places.
    Or, stop drinking drugs all together. Its sugar anyway.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Target food/dining budget is $1500 a month. Seems ridiculously high but we manage to spend it.
    It's not hard to spend that much at all if you enjoy dining out at nice restaurants frequently, and especially if you get drinks when you do. I'd say the single best tip would be to cut back on the alcohol if that's a factor. Have a cocktail or glass of wine at home before dinner and/or an after dinner drink when you get home. Or try to frequent more BYOB places.

Leave a comment:

• corn18
    replied
    Target food/dining budget is $1500 a month. Seems ridiculously high but we manage to spend it.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Still, we are spending $2,000 a month on food/dining.
    What is your target budget for that?

Since COVID hit, our food spending is down sharply. Yes, we're spending more on groceries but way less on dining out. We've done takeout once or twice a week pretty much but that's still way cheaper than dining in a restaurant. Now that things are gradually reopening (we did outdoor dining at a restaurant last night for the first time in 4 months), our spending will increase again though I think we were both pretty content the way things were so hopefully our spending won't return to pre-COVID levels.

Leave a comment:

• corn18
    replied
    Well, our goal was to stay within our planned retirement budget. We are averaging $333 more a month than planned. Still have work to do in the food/dining category. Our daughter is living with us while she finishes up her last college course (maybe longer as she looks for a job). Still, we are spending $2,000 a month on food/dining. We also overspent on the pets due to illnesses, but we should plan for that. We did lose our 14 yo dog last week, so that should go down now. She was expensive the last 2 years due to having Cushing's disease. Down to 2 cats now. Otherwise everything else is well within budget. Savings is on track to plan. Might be able to retire next year after all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X