Another $500. account bonus offer from Capital One 360

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another $500. account bonus offer from Capital One 360

Now that Ally Bank is paying us off for our recent large saving bonuses, Capital One 360 is offering a similar great deal with up to a $500. bonus.

Open a Money Market account with between $10,000. and $49,999. and get a $200. cash bonus, $50,000. and more gets a $500. bonus. Unfortunately for me I already have an account with Capital One and don't qualify. I took advantage of this same deal a couple of years ago. Technically you can take $50,000. from that new Ally account now and get $500. more.

More free money!

https://www.capitalone.com/celebrate200/

I just signed up for this! Thanks for head's up. I was also looking at Discover's offer of $150 to open $15k savings or $200 for $25k savings.

https://www.discover.com/online-bank...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

In the end opened $10k money market with CapitalOne 360. Said bonus is paid 60 days after opening.

Comment

What moron would put in $49,999 for $200 when for $1 more you could get a $300 larger bonus? I guess they need to put the cutoff somewhere.

I have a CapOne account but I think it is a savings account, not a money market account. I wonder if I'm eligible. I'll have to check. Thanks for the info.

ETA: Nope, I can't. "If you have or had an open savings product with Capital One after January 1, 2016, you’re ineligible for the bonus." That rules me out. Though I could probably open an account in DW's name and get around that. I'll think about it. I'm not much for jumping through hoops for stuff like this but I might do it.
      Last edited by disneysteve; 01-19-2019, 05:45 PM.
      Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
      * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
      * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

i already have an account so dont qualify.

honestly this is just a desparation move on their part. capital one interest rates dont compare to top tier online banks... i really should consider moving my account.

Comment

Originally posted by Coupon_Hen View Post
          I just signed up for this! Thanks for head's up. I was also looking at Discover's offer of $150 to open $15k savings or $200 for $25k savings.

https://www.discover.com/online-bank...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

In the end opened $10k money market with CapitalOne 360. Said bonus is paid 60 days after opening.
          Says bonus is paid within 60 days after the money has been in the account for 90 days. So you will probably be waiting a total of 5 months for the bonus. I did a bonus offer like ths recently with Citi Bank and it had the same terms and it took almost 5 months to get the bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by ~bs View Post

honestly this is just a desparation move on their part. capital one interest rates dont compare to top tier online banks... i really should consider moving my account.
            I'm not sure I'd call it desperation but they definitely could be more competitive. That's why we moved from CapOne to Ally last year. Ally has no minimum for their best rate while CapOne has a 10K minimum, below which the rate isn't good at all. And even over 10K, Ally is often higher. Right now I think CapOne is at 2.0 and Ally is at 2.2, so 10% better. And I know there are others out there paying even more.
            Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
            * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
            * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

I would definitely do this, but I already have a savings account with them and don't qualify.

Comment

Thanks to this post, I signed up for the $200 bonus. Any idea if there is a restriction on how long you have to keep money in the account? I can't find anything in the fine print stating such.

Comment

I believe it's 90 days. My daughter also just opened one up.

Comment

Working...
                  X