Ally savings rate up to 2.00%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ally savings rate up to 2.00%

I got a notice a couple of days ago that Ally raised their interest rate again to 2.00%. There is no minimum deposit and no fees.

I believe Capital One is also paying 2.00% but only for balances of $10,000 or higher. The rate for anything under that is a measly 0.85%.

Unless you always keep at least 10K in your account, I'd say Ally is definitely the way to go.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Marcus, Synchrony, and Barclay's are all at 2.05%. MySavingsDirect is at 2.35%. I think I might jump ship to MySavingsDirect, which is owned by Emigrant.

Comment

From Googling around, I found that MySavingsDirect has a history of raising rates above other online banks, then dropping them below. So no, I don't think I will bother with them. However, PNC's online savings account also is currently paying 2.35% I just opened an account and funded it with $1. Will migrate savings to PNC shortly. Note: PNC has brick and mortar locations, and offers traditional savings accounts with abysmal interest rates. If interested (haha), be sure to select the online savings which is the one paying 2.35%.
      PNC offers a wide range of services for all our customers, from individuals and small businesses, to corporations and government entities. No matter how simple or complicated your needs, we're sure to have the products, knowledge and resources necessary for financial success.

Comment

I'm with Petunia 100. There's nothing wrong with Ally, and it's better than a lot of banks, but there are other options that may be better. Marcus and Barclay's,two that Petunia 100 mentioned, seem to always be just ever so slightly higher than Ally, with no minimums.
        And right now there is a sweet 7-month 7.00% CD at Great Lakes CU where some might want to consider parking a portion of their EF or cash investments (up to $7K which is the maximum balance). For details see: https://www.depositaccounts.com/bank...kes-cu/offers/

Comment

Working...
        X