No announcement yet.

$100,000, where would you invest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One to three low cost index funds and one cash fund with suitable diversification to meet your age and risk tolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ima saver View Post
      I would be too scared to put that much money in the stock market all at one time, in one stock. I believe I would pick out a good mutual fund, and dollar cost average into it, a month at a time. I would keep the balance in one of the saving accounts paying 4.5%. and then add $5000-10,000 a month into that good mutual fund!
      Wait, what? Where can you find a savings account paying 4.5%?

Oh.. never mind, this thread is old.. back when interest rates used to at least outpace inflation.
      Last edited by UnknownXV; 09-09-2012, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Real estate. I would throw it at our duplex (we live in), then I would only have a $40,000 left on the loan. I'd have it paid off in 3 years. Then I would have $14400 a year to invest in more real estate
        Last edited by DebtFree&Broke; 09-24-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I would be too scared to put that much money in the currency markets all at once, in one inventory. I believe I would pick out a excellent common finance, and dollar cost average into it, monthly at once. I would keep the balance in one of the saving accounts paying 4.5%. and then add $5000-10,000 monthly into that excellent common fund!

Comment

Old Thread

Most of this thread is very old...2005

Comment

Working...
            X