• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5month investment grew 8,000 from 46,000 to 54,000

sfdsfsdf
    Last edited by autofx; 03-12-2008, 05:21 PM. Reason: updatee

Obviously that is a great return.

Just be prepared to lose that much over 5 months as well.

Comment

Vapors is correct remeber the DOW on June 13, 2006 was 10,706.14 and now it is 13,362.87. So in less than a year it has climbed almost 25%. If it can climb that quickly it can fall just as fast. I look at how well my investments are doing not by how much they increase when the market is on fire but on how well they perform when the market is slowing down. If I have a 25% return one year when the market is doing great, it does no good if next year there is a slow down and it drops by 15%. Then my total return over 2 years is horrible.
      Now that the negative is out of the way Congratulations.

Comment

Yes, you are doing well!

Comment

Fantastic my friend. Just one thing:

When the profits reachs the limits the falls, so why donīt you get you money back?. Yes, you 8000 and let the rest continues playing?

Comment

since iam still somewhat young. stocks overall do better return then most investments. it may go down but long term iam staying with stocks.

Comment

As you should. I didn't mean to imply you were doing anything wrong. I just meant that if your investments can gain that much that fast, they can also lose that much that fast.

Comment

nice!!! too bad uncle sam is going to get his hands on a good percentage of it..

Comment

since i live in state of florida there is no taxes on stocks. also flordia has no state income tax too. only federal taxes, if i take it out. since i made money then its captial gain taxes. since i have no plans to withdraw no taxes.
                  Last edited by autofx; 05-11-2007, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by autofx View Post
                    since i made money then its captial gain taxes. since i have no plans to withdraw no taxes.
                    You will have to pay federal taxes on any dividends or realized capital gains on the mutual funds whether you sell them or not.
                    The easiest thing of all is to deceive one's self; for what a man wishes, he generally believes to be true.
                    - Demosthenes

Comment

It sounds good to me!

Comment

Working...
                      X