Big brother medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smallsteps View Post
    Maybe the tough tone was to scare some into believing they will be cancelled and just running to do tests like good little sheeple.
    What can they do throw me off the plan??
    I think that would cost them much more in litigation then perhaps any test would save them.

Why don't we go back to the good ol' days when people had to take a physical before being hired or get any insurance?
    I'm really confused. You are upset that they are requesting certain tests but then say we should go back to having to take a physical before getting insurance. Isn't that exactly what they're asking you to do?

And what possible litigation are you talking about? Are you going to sue them for not covering you if you refuse to do the physical required to obtain coverage? That makes no sense.

Again, without seeing the letter you're referring to, it's impossible to know whether or not what they are requesting is reasonable.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Maybe the tough tone was to scare some into believing they will be cancelled and just running to do tests like good little sheeple.
      What can they do throw me off the plan??
      I think that would cost them much more in litigation then perhaps any test would save them.

Why don't we go back to the good ol' days when people had to take a physical before being hired or get any insurance?
      I would check the plan document: It could well be that you are required to do certain things to stay on the same plan as a condition of insurance.

Most insurance policies/plans have terms and conditions.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

-George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

I'm really confused. You are upset that they are requesting certain tests but then say we should go back to having to take a physical before getting insurance. Isn't that exactly what they're asking you to do?

And what possible litigation are you talking about? Are you going to sue them for not covering you if you refuse to do the physical required to obtain coverage? That makes no sense.

Again, without seeing the letter you're referring to, it's impossible to know whether or not what they are requesting is reasonable.

#1 suggesting mandatory testing for insurance was sarcasm. /
        #2 talk of litigation is if they held me to taking unneeded tests that are NOT required in their terms of service and then if they tried to cancel without cause.

I recently got another " helpful" letter assigning me a doctor in a different city then where I live …. they have doctors on the plan 2.3 miles from my house so chose someone 18 miles away this group is genius.
        When my husband called the poor young man on phone told us he hears it all day long that "the tone of letter was overbearing and rude and no way someone is picking a physician for them without any input from the CUSTOMER."
        I also have been told by friend coworkers and most important health care providers to change ASAP cause this company BLOWS. Case solved it is not just me being picky.

Comment

I recently got another " helpful" letter assigning me a doctor in a different city then where I live …. they have doctors on the plan 2.3 miles from my house so chose someone 18 miles away this group is genius.
          I’ve seen companies do this a lot. Part of it may be availability. Just because a doctor is near you doesn’t mean they’re accepting new patients. But part of it is just incompetence on the part of the plan with some clerk in an office 1,000 miles away saying, “oh, you’re in New Jersey and this doctor is in New Jersey so that’s perfect” despite the fact that the doctor might be 90 miles away.
          Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

Disneysteve
            I considered that, but all the doctors at the very close location ( which I am familiar with) are taking new patients, I called.
            This is the case of the doctor assigned is new to plan so they decided to fill her new practice.... at least on paper.
            They just added her name to any file that had no primary listed is what customer service agent told us on phone.
            I consider this wrong because based on the fact we pay for coverage, WE are the customer not the doctor. They seem more interested in working for their counterparts then their customers.
            My point was that WHO is making these decisions a clerk??
            Who decided this was a great idea and not expected any blowback from CUSTOMERS??
            . I worked in credentialing and believe me location is only ONE consideration in INTERVIEWING a doctor. And yes people should review and research a doctor not just pick anyone.

Comment

They just added her name to any file that had no primary listed is what customer service agent told us on phone.
              That makes sense. When I was still in my office, I often encountered long time patients who had gotten new insurance and had their PCP switched and we had to call and switch it back to us. Basically, if the patient didn't specify a PCP when they enrolled, one was assigned. It wasn't a huge issue to change it but it was annoying.
              Steve

Comment

Working...
              X