Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone getting more spam email since the Equifax breach?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone getting more spam email since the Equifax breach?

The past few days, I've been getting noticeably more spam emails. I'm wondering if it is related to the Equifax breach. Several of the messages are actually about credit-related stuff based on the subject lines, but the overall flow of spam has been higher.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Not here.
    My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

Frankly, I have no idea... Gratefully, Gmail's spam filters are quite good, and I never actually see any of the spam that I get.
      "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

Comment

Nothing noticeable so far.

Comment

Originally posted by kork13 View Post
          I never actually see any of the spam that I get.
          How do you know that something important isn't accidentally going to your spam folder if you don't see it?

I'd say at least once a week, something gets filtered out that shouldn't have. I always review the spam folder before deleting it.
          Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
          * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
          * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
            How do you know that something important isn't accidentally going to your spam folder if you don't see it?

I'd say at least once a week, something gets filtered out that shouldn't have. I always review the spam folder before deleting it.
            Even though it's been ages since I've received a false-spam (from either Google or my ISP), it's always important to check.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

I check it maybe twice a month, but I've rarely found any false-positives.
              "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

Comment

We get so many spam emails and phone calls that I wouldn't be able to notice an increase. I was woken up at 9 am today with a call about timeshares. AGAIN. My husband and I usually get several emails each, every day, about Facebook notifications and cancelled Amazon deliveries. I always find false positives, and they are emails that I have received a dozen times without problems. I just found an email from my daughter's music teacher stating that she made first chair last week. We have had back and forth communications before, so it should never have been sent to the spam filter, but there it was.

Comment

Right before the Equifax story broke, my email was flooded with spam and it was going right into my regular email, not my spam folder.

Comment

Not from the breach. But more frequently from ordering items outside of bigger sites like Amazon, ebay, etc.
                    "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Comment

Working...
                    X