Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What apps make meeting strangers to party with easy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What apps make meeting strangers to party with easy?

Meeting new people can be awkward and intimidating. Especially when you're just arriving in a new place. Whether you are traveling, or moving to a new city, the idea of going up to random people and striking up a conversation can be terrifying. What apps make meeting strangers to party with easy?

The only ones that I know of are the various dating apps.
    Tinder if you want a one night stand.

I don't know of any for pure social meet ups.
    Brian

Comment

Meetup.com I know is pretty popular for meeting others with common interests. Dating isn't always a focal point. I know lots young professionals use it who have re-located to a different area just trying to meet others for socializing. Plus it's free.
      "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Comment

I think people are socially awkward these days because they spend every waking moment looking at their phone apps.
        How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Comment

Originally posted by cypher1 View Post
          Meetup.com I know is pretty popular for meeting others with common interests. Dating isn't always a focal point. I know lots young professionals use it who have re-located to a different area just trying to meet others for socializing. Plus it's free.
          Yes this is what I have used when relocating internationally. It is really great for finding groups of people that have similar interests. I've noticed also Facebook groups are getting quite popular for groups of people with similar interests. There are several in my neighborhood for expats at different stages of life --- young professionals, families with young kids, etc.

Comment

I love my local Meetup group. We are always doing interesting things.

Comment

Working...
            X