Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are OLED TVs worth the price?

Just as the title says.

We bought a 60"-ish Sony Bravia OLED in 2020. It replaced an older LG LED-backlit LCD that died a year outside of warranty. Paid to have the LG fixed, only to have it die again. That's when we replaced it with the Sony. The Sony has a stunningly slim form factor, and I really like the picture. "Crisp" is the only way to describe it, even in 1080, and when we have something 4k, it's amazing.

I don't think I'd upgrade just to upgrade; with electronics we typically don't, until they fail. Case in point, we paid top dollar for one of the first LED-backlit LCD's way back in 2009, a Samsung. Still have it, only does 1080, but 12 trouble-free years have gone by and it still looks very good.

Comment

Absolutely. Been rocking an OLED for the past 3 years. No burn ins even though i use it as a computer monitor. Picture quality surpasses our legendary Pioneer Kuro plasma tvs.

Comment

The 42" 720 LCD I own, I purchased with the Bush stimulus checks. Considering the fact that device has seen 4 presidents now, I am kind of looking forward to the day it dies so I can find out what all the buzz is about.

I think I've heard OLED do blacks really well. My LCD, not so much so.

Comment

Working...
        X