SlingTV price increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SlingTV price increase

I got an email yesterday that SlingTV was going up to $35/mo (from $30). I still think it's well worth it for anyone looking to cut cable TV. It lets you pause live TV. It includes 50 hours of cloud-based DVR. We've been very satisfied with it since we signed up almost a year ago.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Sling TV would do me no good even if I bought both the blue & orange for a total of $70 a month because no CNBC. I would have to sign up for FuboTV at $79/month. They boast 218 channels. My other must haves are FS1, ESPN which Sling has, and other sports channels. fuboTV - Watch Live Sports & TV Without Cable | Try Free

Comment

You definitely need to look at all of the options to find the one that matches your viewing habits. The combo of Sling and Locast works perfectly for us.
      Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

Everything is getting more expensive. I guess those people who bid $130k over asking price on a house need to get that money back somehow!

We did catch a break though. Spectrum, who had been our ISP for about 14 years (under various names) cranked up their price to $75/mo for internet-only. Right after they did that, I stared referring to that company as a body part that rhymes with Spectrum. When the local fiber provider was soliciting neighborhoods for service, we signed up. Finally we have up to 500 MBps down and 400 MBps up...for $50/mo.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeP View Post
          Everything is getting more expensive.
          True. Still, I'm not complaining. Even with the increase, we're still spending $100/month less than we were with Comcast.
          Steve

Comment

I think my fiber goes up from $60 a month to $100. But that's all we pay so no complaining.
            LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Originally posted by LivingAlmostLarge View Post
              I think my fiber goes up from $60 a month to $100. But that's all we pay so no complaining.
              That's a big jump. I'd be calling and complaining and trying to get them to give me some "special" deal to stay with them.
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

That's a big jump. I'd be calling and complaining and trying to get them to give me some "special" deal to stay with them.
                I have 1 provider choice for fiber. Kinda hard to complain or switch.
                LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Working...
                X