Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your Financial Fails

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Scallywags yes I take every precaution. Sugar babies very much so provides companionship. The more I spend the better the companionship. Time is money, and nothing is free. We go out to dinner, have dates or anything couples do on dates. We text each other and schedule dates to meet. I have dozens that would drop whatever they are doing to meet at a moments notice, like yesterday for example I asked if she wanted meet and she asked me what time and she was waiting for me.

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by QuarterMillionMan View Post
      Scallywags yes I take every precaution. Sugar babies very much so provides companionship. The more I spend the better the companionship. Time is money, and nothing is free. We go out to dinner, have dates or anything couples do on dates. We text each other and schedule dates to meet. I have dozens that would drop whatever they are doing to meet at a moments notice, like yesterday for example I asked if she wanted meet and she asked me what time and she was waiting for me.
      Is what this is any different than dating? I only ask most seriously because well nowadays if you date after say age 25 it's basically a meat market with $$$. I don't want to sound cynical or judgemental (i'm not) but I am stating a fact considering I'm in my 40s now and every single woman I know divorced or single in their 40s is NOT looking for a partner unable to provide. I don't know how to say it politely but basically they are looking for someone to work/earn/good job/pull weight with income. NOT just a job but a real "income" and job. Low income need not apply. Sounds superficial and yes it is. But I sort of feel is it any different than putting it out there looking for good time for $? Only difference is how honest you are up front.
      LivingAlmostLarge Blog

      Comment


        #48
        [QUOTE=james.hendrickson;n728690]

        @QMM, well, the data are clear. People in happy marries are healthier, richer and they live longer. I would post the evidence here, but this point is obvious. You have economies of scale, social support, (usually) more income, etc. etc.

        I disagree hubby and I are about to celebrate 32 years of marriage right now I have health issues, he has cancer, we don't have money (much extra) but we are very happy and always have been...I think that people that have money etc are the ones that are unhappy with life and get divorced more often

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by LivingAlmostLarge View Post

          Is what this is any different than dating? I only ask most seriously because well nowadays if you date after say age 25 it's basically a meat market with $$$. I don't want to sound cynical or judgemental (i'm not) but I am stating a fact considering I'm in my 40s now and every single woman I know divorced or single in their 40s is NOT looking for a partner unable to provide. I don't know how to say it politely but basically they are looking for someone to work/earn/good job/pull weight with income. NOT just a job but a real "income" and job. Low income need not apply. Sounds superficial and yes it is. But I sort of feel is it any different than putting it out there looking for good time for $? Only difference is how honest you are up front.
          Er... but in what age group do you find women (or men) looking to date a "low income" / low ambitious / unemployed individuals? My nieces / nephews are in their 20s, most of them gainfully employed, the others in graduate schools, and yet others "volunteering" for a cause close to heart because they happen to be the offspring of the rich (even if not famous). Even my nieces / nephews - born of our well-off siblings or cousins, even if not exactly raking in a huge income themselves - want an ambitious, "doer" of a partner. I find it kind of hypocritical but it is what it is...

          IF you are the "marrying type", then I think a huge financial win is to marry a partner who is frugal (regardless of his or her economic background), goal-oriented, shares your values & ambitions, is a doer, and straight-up just "conducive" to building wealth, As Dave Ramsey says, many marriages end because folks are quarreling over money, religion, parenting styles and in-laws.

          Figure these out and it should all be good. Divorce is the single biggest factor that prevents you from building wealth. Better to be single and middle class than divorced and flat out broke.
          Last edited by Scallywag; 11-23-2021, 09:48 PM.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by mumof2 View Post
            Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post

            @QMM, well, the data are clear. People in happy marries are healthier, richer and they live longer. I would post the evidence here, but this point is obvious. You have economies of scale, social support, (usually) more income, etc. etc.
            I disagree hubby and I are about to celebrate 32 years of marriage right now I have health issues, he has cancer, we don't have money (much extra) but we are very happy and always have been...I think that people that have money etc are the ones that are unhappy with life and get divorced more often
            Is there any data to support this assertion that rich folks tend to get divorced more often? In fact, Thomas Stanley's extensive research (Millionaire Next Door) has shown that a strong marriage is a wealth building tool, just like divorce is a wealth destroying event.

            Money cannot solve all the problems of life, and money certainly cannot buy us health or happiness, but without money we are bound to be quite unhappy. Also, people are unhappy for a lot of other reasons than poor finances -- sick children, disability, death of close family and friends, social isolation, physical / emotional / financial abuse in a marriage, lack of social or emotional support in a marriage, fights over religion, clashes over parenting styles and priorities, interference of extended family members (outlaws) in a marriage, etc. These things have nothing to do with money (or lack thereof) and hence money alone cannot be cited as the leading cause of divorce (esp as published research clearly demonstrates the opposite).
            Last edited by Scallywag; 11-23-2021, 10:31 PM.

            Comment


              #51
              Mi amor=my love
              Mi novia=my gf

              Click image for larger version

Name:	RC.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	728755

              Comment


                #52
                HK=Hong Kong gentleman's club, also "favorite girlfriend," she knows she isn't the only one. Trying to make a point of companionship which was brought up. We catch taxis or Uber/Lyft to Italian restaurants, pizza places, bars, etc.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	728758
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	728759

                Comment


                  #53
                  QMM, I think we get the point.

                  Back to Financial Fails, please.
                  Steve

                  * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                  * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                  * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    One of my wins turned into a loss yesterday.

                    I sold 12 magazines on ebay a week or so ago. I packed and shipped them. The box got delivered yesterday, but according to the buyer, literally just the box. Torn open, partly collapsed, and empty.

                    The buyer is a long-time ebay user with 100% positive feedback over 4,000, so I really have no reason to think he's scamming me. I issued a full refund. Only a $15-20 loss but a loss all the same.
                    Steve

                    * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
                      One of my wins turned into a loss yesterday.

                      I sold 12 magazines on ebay a week or so ago. I packed and shipped them. The box got delivered yesterday, but according to the buyer, literally just the box. Torn open, partly collapsed, and empty.

                      The buyer is a long-time ebay user with 100% positive feedback over 4,000, so I really have no reason to think he's scamming me. I issued a full refund. Only a $15-20 loss but a loss all the same.
                      That's wild. Shipped via USPS? If you used, I'm pretty sure all priority mail shipments include up to $100 of insurance and you could try a claim. Though if you used media mail, not sure that applies.
                      "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by kork13 View Post
                        That's wild. Shipped via USPS? If you used, I'm pretty sure all priority mail shipments include up to $100 of insurance and you could try a claim. Though if you used media mail, not sure that applies.
                        Yep, media mail. Not insured. I don't typically insure media mail shipments except for the few that have been of substantial value.
                        Steve

                        * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          I had many eBay fails, a DSL router which I know was working before shipping but buyer said didn't work so refunded $25 and told buyer keep it. A DDR4 Kingston 8 gb RAM which I pulled out of a new laptop and upgraded to 32 gb RAM so sold the 8 gb for $25 but buyer said didn't work so again refunded. Oh once sent a digital cam USPS small flat rate box insured, buyer never rec'd so refunded but USPS insurance paid up to the $50 insured value (i forget the value maybe $40) but was worth it.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X