Shopping for umbrella insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping for umbrella insurance

I have one million dollar umbrella insurance and the renewal cost is 504 dollars. Is that reasonable? Is there insurance companies that sells umbrella insurances without requiring to get house and car insurance with them? I would like to shop around.
    TIA

I have $1million through geico and its around $250. I wanted to up it to $2mil and it was over $500. Ill be switching later in the year when its up. We need more than $1million and there has to be cheaper options than $500.

I have home insurance through nationwide. I have auto/umbrella through geico.

Comment

Definitely shop around. Without knowing your circumstances, $504 for $1M seems high to me. We bundle everything with Geico.
      Lawsuits are one of your biggest financial risks. We reviewed the best umbrella insurance companies based on coverage, cost, underwriting, and more.

Comment

I bundle with Geico too- I think I have 1 million in umbrella for ~$375/year.

Comment

Thanks Mine is with Geico too and its 504. hmmm Maybe because I have teen kids?

Comment

Asking about insurance rates and companies online is really kind of pointless. Rates can vary dramatically based on where you are and the specifics of your situation. What someone pays in NY might be double or triple what someone pays for identical coverage in IL or WY. Even within the same state, what you pay in the city will differ from what you pay a few miles away in the suburbs. When we moved 10 miles from Philadelphia to NJ, our auto insurance dropped 50%. And NJ as a state has some of the highest insurance rates in the country, but it was still way cheaper than in the city.
            Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
            * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
            * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by emanon1501 View Post
              Thanks Mine is with Geico too and its 504. hmmm Maybe because I have teen kids?
              Yes absolutely. Teen drivers definitely elevate the cost of the policy. I think mine was $1k for $5M umbrella.

Comment

Working...
              X