The Future of USA Finances

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasHusker View Post

yes, but what is the psychology of buying online? Is it just a cheaper price? I've visited with a number of retailers here locally and they say that that is not the case. Folks simply want to avoid having to be around other people. They don't want to interact or invest in relationships. It's all about what is convenient for me, and please don't force me out of my comfort zone.
    Buying on-line is also very convenient, so no, I don't think it is only about price.

What qualifies a few of your local retailers to determine that "folks simply want to avoid having to be around other people"? Are they board certified psychologists who have gathered and analyzed large amounts of data, in addition to being retailers?

Comment

Originally posted by Petunia 100 View Post

Right, so not everyone uses simple reasoning, even when making laws.
      Yep. You and I see how "simple" it is to treat people properly but many others do not, so we are stuck having legal and legislative battles, and even wars, to secure the rights that everyone should have anyway.

And then we have troubled institutions like the SCOTUS which is nothing more than a political organization since the justices are appointed by the President. Sometimes it is majority Democrat; sometimes it is majority Republican. And those two groups have very different ideas of right and wrong. Bit by bit, society has made advancements in equality but it's an uphill fight every step of the way, especially when Conservatives are in the majority.
      Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
      * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
      * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

We need to get back on topic here.
        I see some tension boiling between the different political viewpoints.
        I'd rather not have to close this thread.

Thanks
        Brian

Comment

Working...
        X