2 comma club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 comma club

Wife and I finally hit the 2 comma club, not including house. Approx 1,003,000. My goal years ago was to hit it before I turned 40. Im 36 and wife recently turned 35. We actually hit the number on her birthday, so that was pretty neat.

How long before or if we reach 2 million?? New goal is before I turn 45.

Congratulations! Welcome to the club!
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Excellent, congrats! I recently joined the club as well, and it's definitely a nice place to find yourself!
      "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

Comment

Originally posted by rennigade View Post
        Wife and I finally hit the 2 comma club, not including house. Approx 1,003,000. My goal years ago was to hit it before I turned 40. Im 36 and wife recently turned 35. We actually hit the number on her birthday, so that was pretty neat.

How long before or if we reach 2 million?? New goal is before I turn 45.
        OoO, a challenge!

We both are the same age and hit the same number. Lets see who gets to 2 mil first! Race is on!

Comment

do these numbers include all your houses etc...and if so do you add it up when the house (s) are paid off? I'm just wondering how you guys get these numbers...maybe I can do the same or something similar we do things differently in aust...although I am nowhere near this number...just curious

Comment

Originally posted by mumof2 View Post
            do these numbers include all your houses etc...and if so do you add it up when the house (s) are paid off? I'm just wondering how you guys get these numbers...maybe I can do the same or something similar we do things differently in aust...although I am nowhere near this number...just curious
            Ours didnt include home. Just savings/retirement accounts/taxable accounts.

Comment

thanks for that rennigade...we don't have the ira accounts etc over here...and I know that some people include houses in their assets etc...even if they arent paid off so I was just wondering....congrats on being where you are with your finances awesome job

Comment

Congrats on the milestone.

Nice to see you back on the forum
                Brian

Comment

do these numbers include all your houses etc...and if so do you add it up when the house (s) are paid off? I'm just wondering how you guys get these numbers.
                  I don't count the house either. Only financial assets - checking, savings, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc. Even when the house is paid off, I won't count it.
                  Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

Congrats with that huge accomplishment! I've still got a long ways to go, but gives me motivation to further focus on my goals.
                    "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Comment

I didn't include my house either although we paid it off.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

I don't count the house either. Only financial assets - checking, savings, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc. Even when the house is paid off, I won't count it.
                        Even though we all choose to not count the house, but I think not counting the house isn't fair. People who choose to pay off their house early or actually poured all the money into a house gets zero credit. But I know why you wouldn't count the house because it can skew results for people who bought early in areas before a house price explosion. I think I can contribute that as investment luck and can happen...like people would bought bit coin when they were a dollar or amazon when they were 3 dollars. Nothing wrong with a nice return on investment from your house.

Comment

thankyou for that I wish I could find someone to teach me how to invest well...as I have no clue...but maybe one day....I don't really know of anyone over here that does bonds, mutual funds etc

Comment

Don't know why anyone would not include their home in their net worth? If it's paid for or if you have significant equity in it, it most certainly is and asset and part of your net worth.
                            Sale of your home would give you some $$ to live on, just like cashing in and using investment asset.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishindude77 View Post
                              Don't know why anyone would not include their home in their net worth? If it's paid for or if you have significant equity in it, it most certainly is and asset and part of your net worth.
                              Sale of your home would give you some $$ to live on, just like cashing in and using investment asset.
                              A. There is no way to accurately value it. I can tell you exactly what all of our investments are worth to the penny at the close of business every day. I can't tell you what our house is worth.
                              B. We need a place to live. If we sell the house, we need to buy another one or at least use that money to pay rent.
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X