Merry Christmas!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas!

I went in to Hobby Lobby today and it's like the North Pole! Trees, wreaths, ornaments, stockings, lights. It's Christmas in July and it's all 40% off for a limited time only!!!
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Wow, that's a little annoying.
    I was just cleaning my pool yesterday, then I went for ice cream.
    I don't want to think about Christmas yet....
    Brian

Comment

The best time to buy seasonal stuff is typically when it's out of season. So for Christmas stuff, the week or two after Christmas and during Christmas in July sales are probably the two optimal times.

Also for craft and hobby stores, this is exactly when people are starting to think about Christmas. If you are doing any type of project for the holidays that will take you weeks or months to complete, summer time is likely when you are getting started. So if you are building models, designing a train layout, sewing a quilt, decorating stockings, or any other sort of thing, you may be shopping for your supplies right about now.

And I know Hallmark has always put out their annual ornaments by late June or early July. They aren't in full-blown Christmas mode yet but that big ornament display is up.
      Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
      * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
      * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Actually, this is a really solid point. Buy clothing and consumer goods in the off season. There much less demand for them, which means that prices will be lower.
        james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post
          Actually, this is a really solid point. Buy clothing and consumer goods in the off season. There much less demand for them, which means that prices will be lower.
          Wow! Amazing the stuff I learn on here.
          How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Comment

Happy New (fiscal) Year.

Comment

Oh wow, maybe I better check it out

Comment

I just checked the calendar. My husband gets 11 more paychecks until Christmas.

Comment

x2 what DS said especially for Hobby Lobby. During xmas, you'll find some holiday decor but mostly valentines day, easter and even fourth of july because crafters and event planners shop there for their upcoming projects. That's their audience and its a good model because where else are we going to be able to get those supplies 6 months in advance?

Comment

Originally posted by riverwed070707 View Post
                    x2 what DS said especially for Hobby Lobby. During xmas, you'll find some holiday decor but mostly valentines day, easter and even fourth of july because crafters and event planners shop there for their upcoming projects.
                    Yep. The same for places like Michael's, A.C. Moore, JoAnn, etc. Just yesterday DW took a ride to the yarn shop where she has bags on consignment. She asked the owner if there is a demand for holiday-themed bags because if there is, she needs to start making those now to have them in the store by late summer/early fall when customers will start looking for those sorts of things.
                    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Working...
                    X